What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50010

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes! I'm exited to try out your build of the new firmware.

This will be way down the list of things to do. Won't be for quite some time, I already have too much to deal with. And I don't even know yet how that 382 code will fit within my 384 base.

You can sell hardware without providing new software development tho.

Anyway, probably no Krack issue to fix for the RT-AC87U since the QTN radio can't be used in Repeater mode.
Does the Krack issue affect on Media bridge mode?

Does the Krack issue affect on Media bridge mode?

Yes, but once again this feature is not available on the RT-AC87U, as it relies on Broadcom code to work.

Yes, but once again this feature is not available on the RT-AC87U, as it relies on Broadcom code to work.
mediabridge.png

Then I'm not sure how they are making this work, since actual Media Bridge mode usually uses Broadcom technology. Would have to be some hybrid of it for Quantenna.

I know that for at least a long time it was definitely not available at all. Maybe they only make it available for the 2.4 GHz band.

Is there a way to check the firmware & driver of the main CPU Broadcom BCM4360 from command line or otherwise?

Thanks

Is there a way to check the firmware & driver of the main CPU Broadcom BCM4360 from command line or otherwise?

Thanks

The Broadcom CPU runs under the main Asuswrt firmware. It's only the Quantenna portion that runs on a different CPU, with its own separate firmware running on that CPU.

The wireless driver can be retrieved over SSH with this command (if my memory is correct, I don't have an older BCM running at the moment to test it):

Code:
wl ver

Thanks. This is what I see
Code:
RT-AC87U:/# wl ver
6.37 RC14.126
wl0: Jan 23 2018 20:23:06 version 6.37.14.126 (r561982)

Seems that same as it was before. Not sure if there is any new version available.

Code:
6.37 RC14.126

Seems that same as it was before. Not sure if there is any new version available.

Wireless drivers are rarely updated. That does not mean that there wasn't any change, Asus might very well do additional tweaks to the code they have without upgrading to a newer Broadcom release. So, the version number doesn't mean much here.

Please RMerlin. This cloud be the last official ASUS Firmware for this router and also your last firmware for it... I'm really hoping to see this new firmware and I'm sure many people is also looking forward for it.

Thanks for all your efforts.

Dragster

Time is a limited resource. Unless you're willing to pay me to quit my daytime job and work full time on this, you will have to satisfy yourself with whatever time I can devote out of my free, spare time.

Code:
6.37 RC14.126

Hi

Please check the Quantenna firmware version too via SSH
qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

I'm interested we got a newer version as 37.4.0.56
Thank you.

no

This is listed in the Administration/System.
You can set the time after which the drive will go into sleep mode.
hdd_hiber.png

This is listed in the Administration / System. You can set the time after the HDD goes into sleep mode.
[ATTACH = full] 11789 [/ ATTACH]

Thank you VANT !
One more thing, if you install asus download master on the hdd (without downloading anything), does it still enter hibernation after the designated time ?

I not use download master, so i can't check this, but all activity which use hdd access will wake up the hdd.

Hi

Please check the Quantenna firmware version too via SSH
qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

I'm interested we got a newer version as 37.4.0.56
Thank you.

Unfortunately no driver update sigh..
Code:
RT-AC87U:/# qcsapi_sockrpc get_firmware_version wifi0

Then I'm not sure how they are making this work, since actual Media Bridge mode usually uses Broadcom technology. Would have to be some hybrid of it for Quantenna.

I know that for at least a long time it was definitely not available at all. Maybe they only make it available for the 2.4 GHz band.

The Media Bridge mode works great on the 5Ghz band, but only with your amazing firmware! The Asus firmware would always drop the connection.
Screenshot_2018-01-30-18-50-00.png

Well I updated my main spare to this one and swapped it in. The repeaters seem to be talking to main but no internet even though it doesn't say no internet. They all show connected (I have 3) in the UI even restarted the repeaters and still no go. I have an 88u, 68u and a 66u as repeaters and all had the same problem. So swapped the old one back in with the almost year old fw and I could see all the repeaters again. So much for waiting a year.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!