What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50702

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JIPG

Regular Contributor
ASUS RT-AC87U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.50702

Versión 3.0.0.4.382.50702 2018/07/18 44.62 MBytes

- Improved system stability.
- Fixed XSS vulnerability. Thanks to Yonghui Han of Fortinet's FortiGuard Labs.
- Fixed CVE-2018-8877, CVE-2018-8878, CVE-2018-8879
- Fixed plain text password vulnerability in lighthttpd
- Modified Quick Internet Setup wizard process.
- Main SSID and guest network can hide independently.
- Suport multi-langue(UTF-8) network name
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Added Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Limited Web&Apps filter number to 16

* Windows XP and Windows 7 do not support UTF-8 format SSID. These two
OS may see gibberish if using multi-language SSID.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 73e49de69339502a8e98fa42da8da16c

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wi...8.2115068681.1532029699-1089302940.1532029699

Thanks. Aimesh on this router would be cool but not sure how much Asus is willing to work and push QTN for it afterall it was their first Wave 2 flagship router as claimed.

Is the QSR1000 EOL/EOS if anyone know?

No AiMesh support, I guess it will never happen :'(

A Asus rep here already said the 87 will get security updates but Aimesh will not be supported. If you want Aimesh your going to have to get a different model router.

Well, I bought it without Aimesh, and I can live now without Aimesh.
But having this nice router updated in security and improved in other areas is what I am prying for. So please, ASUS, continue supporting this router ...
And release the GPL code for the last FW. I would like to continue using Merlin versions ;).

I think he really wrote that it’s not planned at the moment

I doubt the 87 will ever get Aimesh. The 87's 5Ghz radio is Quantenna while Aimesh is designed around broadcom chip sets that alone is the deal breaker.

Well, I bought it without Aimesh, and I can live now without Aimesh.
But having this nice router updated in security and improved in other areas is what I am prying for. So please, ASUS, continue supporting this router ...

I agree and therefore hope ASUS will do so.

The RT-AC87U architecture makes it unlikely to get AiMesh. The 5 GHz radio is entirely managed by a separate firmware from Quantenna.

The RT-AC87U architecture makes it unlikely to get AiMesh

Your knowledge is the best anyone can consider here. Thanks by the way for all your efforts with your firmwares, but I’m sure any technical problem has a solution.

Your knowledge is the best anyone can consider here. Thanks by the way for all your efforts with your firmwares, but I’m sure any technical problem has a solution.

Not every solution is practical or economical to implement. If it ends up costing hundreds of thousand of dollars to have engineers work full time on this one specific model to rewrite everything required to make it work, it's not economically viable for Asus, especially for a model that is probably not generating any sizable sales in 2018, as better models are now available at a lower price.

I cannot say the same. As other older and powerless models are getting this new functionality I’d like it also ported to 87s
I know it is frustrating that powerless and older routers can use this functionality, but as RMerlin says, our router has the specificity of having this damned Quantenna stuff (by the way, for me it works well, I am not complaining about the performance) and this makes more complicated for Asus to develop this part of the software.
But again, it is a very good router (regardless some complains I have read around here), and I would like to have it updated altough it has no Aimesh.

In fact, I will attach (if possible) to RMerlin FW that has no Aimesh. Many people here prefer it although in their model the Aimesh is operative in the stock FW.

Not every solution is practical or economical to implement. If it ends up costing hundreds of thousand of dollars to have engineers work full time on this one specific model to rewrite everything required to make it work, it's not economically viable for Asus, especially for a model that is probably not generating any sizable sales in 2018, as better models are now available at a lower price.
I do not know in Canada, but in Spain RT AC87U is cheaper than the new (and better, I know) routers as RT AC86U, RT AC88U or RT AC5300, so it has still a good relationship price/performance. It is more expensive than RT AC68U, but it has better performances. In any way, it is still on sale ...

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!