What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U / R Price and Availability

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So I'll be getting a U version.

Ya but it is my understanding you will only have it for 30 days as you will have to return it before Amazon's return policy runs out. My contact at Amazon says they have a pallet full of used router products returned by you and they are still trying to figure out what to do with all them! You can't buy an R (retail model sold at Best Buy) because Best Buy gives you 14 days and only 3 returns before they cut you off! In other words Amazon gives 2 more weeks on the "borrow a wireless router program". I know, its scary, its like I am a psychic or something... :)

Last edited:
I love it when people return there items with nothing wrong with them. I buy referb items all them time. Less money and just like a new one.

I love it when people return there items with nothing wrong with them. I buy referb items all them time. Less money and just like a new one.

some items can't be purchased (refurbished) - for example Linksys WRT1900AC, it has to go back to Belkin.

Refurbished/open boxes are like a lottery.

In my case, I bought an open box Thinkpad T60 a few years ago. Saved 200$ off the price, it was just as good as new (even all the CDs and leaflets were still there).

Anyone heard anything yet on the worldwide release of this unit, specifically in the UK?

I'm itching to get a new router as my current one is on its last legs, and I'd like to try this model out, rather than have go for either the R7000 or AC86U

Asus Germany have released it, at least it's now on their website. However, I don't find it anywhere in the online shops, including Amazon.

Jesus, that's a terrible currency conversion rate!

I had hoped it would have been near the £200 mark, as the $280 conversion works out to be about £170, not nearly £300!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
I agree the price indication (EURs) sounds a bit over the top to me.
Is there a EUR / Mbps relation?
RT-N66U (N900) EUR 100 (EUR 0.11 / Mbps).
RT-AC66U (AC1800) EUR 140 (EUR 0.08 / Mbps).
RT-AC68U (AC1900) EUR 160 (EUR 0.085 / Mbps).
RT-AC87U (AC2400) EUR 300 (EUr 0.13 / Mbps).
Any AC3200 will be priced...EUR 400?

Defenitely prices of "old" routers are rapidly decreasing and new stuff cost you a lot.

Canadians can now order the RT-87 from tigerdirect.ca and pre-order from ncix.ca but still no sign of it at Best Buy Canada or Staples Canada. I got mine from tigerdirect.ca and price matched it to the ncix.ca one. Hope that helps some folks.

Canadians can now order the RT-87 from tigerdirect.ca and pre-order from ncix.ca but still no sign of it at Best Buy Canada or Staples Canada. I got mine from tigerdirect.ca and price matched it to the ncix.ca one. Hope that helps some folks.
What about Newegg in Canada?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!