What's new

ASUS RT-AC87U_9.0.0.4_384_110

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

binggesoft

Regular Contributor
抱歉,我必须删除此测试固件链接。当你什么也不说!

Last edited:
RT-AC87U will not support AiMesh. Even in 384.

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

But new updates (security) are still available in future?
Currently, no plan to support it.

BTW, I think this FW is for some user to clarify his/her's specific issue only. It's not published by ASUS. Maybe it's published by user.

Last edited:
For security, it will be updated continuously For Aimesh, no plan to do it currently.

er... ok, but is this firmware going to be released officially? And if so, will the source code be published so that we can expect a RMerlin version of it?

Thanks!

er... ok, but is this firmware going to be released officially? And if so, will the source code be published so that we can expect a RMerlin version of it?

Thanks!
Refer to post #8.

Thanks!

This firmware is an unofficial test build which shouldn't have been posted in public in the first place. There will be no GPL sources for it since it's not a release.

I already have the GPL sources for 382_50010 for the RT-AC87U, which is newer than this anyway.

This firmware is an unofficial test build which shouldn't have been posted in public in the first place. There will be no GPL sources for it since it's not a release.

I already have the GPL sources for 382_50010 for the RT-AC87U, which is newer than this anyway.
Glad to read that........ALL your builds are appreciated.... really.

After upgrading to this version as AP mode connected to Main router AC5300, I can't find the IP address assigned by RT-AC5300 through the View client screen. No so sure that is RT-AC5300 firmware issue. I found this problem since upgraded to Ai-Mesh firmware.....

Currently, no plan to support it.

Can I add my name to the seemingly growing list of those frustrated by a lack of updating the RT-AC87U with AiMesh capabilities! I own 2 of these routers and this functionality would be extremely useful to help overcome the current implementation of client bridge setup that is far less stable/efficient (using DD-WRT on one).

Any reason why this router has been ignored for this update?

@arthurlien please don't quote me post #8!!

Any reason why this router has been ignored for this update?

The RT-AC87U has an unusual architecture, since it has two different manufacturers for its 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz radio. The 5 GHz radio even runs its own separate firmware. AiMesh requires to be able to remotely manage a router's wifi, which means basically Asus probably has to redesign it to work with the RT-AC87U's Quantenna radio. And personally, I'm not sure it's even technically possible, therefore unless Asus announces otherwise, I wouldn't expect the RT-AC87U to receive AiMesh support, due to these technical limitations.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!