What's new

Asus RT-AC88U 386.2_4 Low Download Speed after update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

miejot

New Around Here
Hye,

I just updated my router to 386.2_4 recently. I performed speed test and it dropped significantly from my subscribed speed. Currently I am subscribing Unifi 800mpbs package with 200mbps upload. During speedtest, I only managed to get around max 300 mbps for download while upload speed is 17 mbps . Thus, i revert back to old version 384.19 and my download speed is back to 800 mbps and upload is 200mbps. I really like to use the new FW , however it seems that the latest FW kinda broke my speed. Is there any setting which i could change in order to get my subscribed speed with the latest FW ?

1623002430415.png

Make sure hardware acceleration is enabled. You can check its state under Tools -> Sysinfo.

Reset your router to factory defaults after upgrading to 386 software and set it up manually. Don't restore configuration files. Test again.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!