What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.7266

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I brought it up because I've had issues in the past that seemingly shouldn't exist but they did and the cable was the culprit interfering with the connection. I will never again run a cheap low bandwidth cable between my modem and router.

I brought it up because I've had issues in the past that seemingly shouldn't exist but they did and the cable was the culprit interfering with the connection. I will never again run a cheap low bandwidth cable between my modem and router.

That's fair, don't mean to be dismissive. I agree on cables, I wired my house and all my cables are Cat 6 made and tested by yours truly. Which is why... I'll swap it just in case. That would be an easy solution.

If you made them then it probably isn't your issue but it crossed my mind as I personally have had cables go bad on me.

interesting thought, I'm using the one that came with my ASUS router, but I have spares I can switch up for testing

I still remember the first time I had a cable go bad. My son's pc started having connectivity issues and I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what the issue might be as everything seemed to be in order until I decided to swap out his Ethernet cable. Once I did that the problem cleared up and what was so strange is that I didn't feel like the cable should've been the culprit but it was. It was in a fixed position so it wasn't subject to flex or stress yet it failed.

That was just the first of many cables for me that would malfunction and have to be replaced. Maybe they were of low quality or had other physical defects that I didn't know of as I never cut them open to inspect to see. I have read that if they are suspended in the wall without proper support they can fail over time. If I ever build another house I want cat 7 properly suspended throughout the structure

Asus is having problems with the new release 7328 for the 88U and 3100 so its release has been delayed.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!