What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Uuuhm, QOS working well here and no issue with WIFI... Yes, excessive logs but no apparent impact on the operation of the router.

ASUS needs to pull this firmware for the AC88U as well. I think they are to busy with the AX88U to be dealing with this.

I'm ready to get a new router, what's better than this one?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Not bad, I usually like the lastest and greatest.

I also want to see how much I can get for my 88u.

Amazon is low balling people right now for $126.00. I'm trying to sell mine for $180.00 since Amazon is still charging $269.99 new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Amazon is low balling people right now for $126.00. I'm trying to sell mine for $180.00 since Amazon is still charging $269.99 new.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Wow, they really are low balling!

I'm seeing similar reports of issues at the official asus forum over this firmware version.

Uuuhm, I am afraid I don't see much there which is reported also above apart the broken 3100 firmware already fixed :)

On my ac3100 in the client list, the client name no longer shows . . . it just has the mac address rather than the device name. I am in AP mode.

Having the same issue on my AC3100. It will show the icon I selected for the device but the MAC address is used for the name. For other devices, it shows "New device" and the default icon. I'll change the icon and rename the device and click apply, but the changes don't stick if I come back to that device. This isn't happening with all devices, but only a select few. Also it shows a Yamaha receiver has having a wired connection, when in fact, it's connecting through a wireless connection.

Internet Status on Network Map is showing as "Check Connection..."

Hi,

I wanted to get advice from you guys I brick my AC3100 router with the latest firmware last night, I try the rescue but not luck it tells me the router is not in rescue mode but I can see the light blinking slow. I call tech support and we did the same thing I again with no luck. I have an RMA number but before I send it I wanted to see if any other advice to see if I can get it back. What I notice is that I can ping the router while it is on rescue mode but the moment I press upload on the rescue utility I stop getting replies and the rescue util times out. I see people here mentioning rev 15852 but the web site still shows 15850.

Thanks

Try rebooting your computer before using the ASUS Firmware Restoration software. I had the same problem with the software finding the router but then telling me that it isn't in rescue mode - several times. I rebooted my computer, put the router into rescue mode, started ASUS Firmware Restoration and it worked.

I'm seeing similar reports of issues at the official asus forum over this firmware version.

Are you having issues with it ? As stated not seeing many if any complaints on the link you posted. As for me other then the system log spam i have not had a single disconnect or any problems what so ever with the latest.

I haven't upgraded to it yet and am still on the fence about it especially after reading about Wi-Fi disconnects.

I'm rather happy to discover this finally fixes a bug I've been battling with for over a year.

The 380 series for the last year has had some sort of bug in MAC address handling. I don't know if it was in the GPL portion or one of the closed source drivers. I don't even know exactly what part of the MAC handling was breaking.

I just knew that ARP requests and Neighbor Discovery would randomly work for about an hour or so and then stop responding. Happened in Merlin and Stock, happened across multiple versions, happened through factory resets, and happened different ASUS hardware models, and different NIC clients.

So, yay! I no longer have to set static ARP entries in my clients and IPv6 finally works properly.

Okay I updated to it and will report back if anything strange happens. I see the interface has updated and IPv6 is working for me like it has for the past two versions.

Are configuration backups from a 380 release compatible with 382?
I highly doubt that. Even if it seems compatible at first, there could be a lot minor problems at least as things change so much.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!