What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I think the stability of the firmware is going to be related to which services are being used. VPN, QOS, Tor, etc. At least for now until the firmware has been thoroughly tested. You should also consider that ASUS hasn't patched their latest 3.0.0.4.382.15850 firmware with dnsmasq 2.78 which patched several exploits that google found.

I am yet to reboot the router for almost 2 months since installing this firmware. I did clear NVRAM and set it up as new so that might be the reason for stability.

BTW I have disabled 2.4 Ghz a/b/g/n radio and banned any of those clients at home. All clients are either wired LAN or on 5 Ghz ac.

Came across this thread after googling performance issues on the router. I'm having the same issues, AC88U, this firmware, i'm on a 100/40 plan and after 7 days my download has ground to less than 10. Over the course of 24 hours I drop 25% of my download speed. Reboot the router and im back to full connection. Something is gravely wrong with this firmware to be causing this, a memory leak or something similar. I've set a scheduled reboot every day for 2:05am to try and compensate, will see how that goes this week before looking into rolling back firmware.

upload_2017-11-4_12-20-47.png

Welcome to the forum. There's definitely something amiss in the firmware as its behavior seems to change with activity which seems to degrade during periods of heavy traffic. For some its while using BitTorrent and for others its when using optional features such as iptv over vpn.

I had to use the reboot scheduler on a daily basis to prevent the router from locking up so I feel your pain. The most I've been able to ger out of it was two weeks before it had to be power cycled.

This firmware works excellent on my 3100 no issues ever never have to reboot.

Yes, we have qos turned on to ensure the boss's netflix is #1 ;P

Otherwise no torrenting happening on my end, only newsgroups, netflix, plex & xbox.
Try to run without it and see if you still experience those drops...

Try to run without it and see if you still experience those drops...
I don't use it either and Netflix, Amazon along with other streaming sources coexist without incident on cable. I wonder if bandwidth might be an issue for people with problems?

Came across this thread after googling performance issues on the router. I'm having the same issues, AC88U, this firmware, i'm on a 100/40 plan and after 7 days my download has ground to less than 10. Over the course of 24 hours I drop 25% of my download speed. Reboot the router and im back to full connection. Something is gravely wrong with this firmware to be causing this, a memory leak or something similar. I've set a scheduled reboot every day for 2:05am to try and compensate, will see how that goes this week before looking into rolling back firmware.

View attachment 10885

I have the exact same problem. The only features I use are the media server/samba and download master.

I have the exact same problem. The only features I use are the media server/samba and download master.
Now a couple of weeks ago when the W10 fall creators update came out I had 4 pc's all dling it and my wan port light turned red even though we still had internet. Shortly afterwards, perhaps a day or two later, my WAN wigged out on me forcing me to power cycle to clear it out. I've got mine set to reboot every day at 2am and when this happened it had only been up around 11 hours.

Funny thing is that I have multiple devices streaming over the net and they don't seem to affect the router the same way as several people all watching streaming tv don't seem to bother it. When I see it acting up, usually the gui becomes sluggish on the main page, I just go ahead and power cycle it to head off the problem.

I wonder how long it will be before a krack fix appears.

View attachment 10885

I've noticed similar issue with my AC88U. I too have a 100 mbps plan, not sure how long before it starts degrading but I can currently only get about 30 mbps. I guess I too will have to reboot nightly in order to get full bandwidth until there is an updated firmware that resolves this issue.

Update: After restarting my router I was still only getting 30 mbps, however rebooting my cable modem resolved the issue. Will continue monitoring to see if there is any future degradation.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post back to say that it looks like, at least in my instance that Asus has corrected the RT-AC3100 firmware to something that is working as it should this time around. They just released version 3.0.0.4.382.18991 and I can't find fault with it, there is even an Alexa & IFTTT (IF This Then That) menu as well on the main UI screen. Thank you to all that bugged Asus and reported bugs to them with the previous nightmare that I assume many people went through. Here is a full list of stuff they fixed as well just for reference.

ASUS RT-AC3100 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.18991
Security fixed
- Fixed CVE-2017-14491: DNS - 2 byte heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14492: DHCP - heap based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14493: DHCP - stack based overflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-14494: DHCP - info leak
- Fixed CVE-2017-14495: DNS - OOM DoS
- Fixed CVE-2017-14496: DNS - DoS Integer underflow
- Fixed CVE-2017-13704 : Bug collision
- Fixed predictable session tokens, logged user IP validation, Logged-in information disclosure (special thanks for Blazej Adamczyk contribution)
- Fixed web GUI authorization vulnerabilities.
- Fixed AiCloud XSS vulnerabilities
- Fixed web history XSS vulnerabilities (special thanks for Jamie Riden of NCC Group)

New features
- Added IPSec VPN server
- Supported Alexa
- Supported IFTTT
- Supported Let's encrypt to help get free Certificate Authority (CA). To enable this feature, router needs to obtain public IP from ISP

Bug Fixed
- Fixed IPTV related issue
- Fixed IGMP snooping related issue.

Hi all - First post here so please be gentle....:)

Just updated f/ware to 3.0.0.4.382.18991 hoping the previous issues echoed above had gone.... :/

Unfortunately for me I am still experiencing wireless dropouts and ever decreasing speed connectivity to my ISP. I've had to drop back to firmware revision 3.0.0.4.380_7743 just to get a stable connection and speed.

On the 7743 firmware I got a rock solid 240Mbit download connection with 30Mbit upload but anything after that firmware just gradually decreases to practically nothing (0.25Mbit before I gave up and rebooted)

Hope the firmware is working for the rest of you, but for me, I guess I'll have to wait a some more and try again.

Secondly - I had a play around with the new Alexa / IFTT features in the new firmware. The Asus router Alexa skill appears to only be in the US at the moment so European users cannot use this functionality. Shame as I was hoping to use Alexa to control some features of my router. I'm sure it will be available soon but for now it's a useless feature for us Europeans.

IFTT seemed to work although I had very limited time to configure due to the speed issues.

Hi all - First post here so please be gentle....:)

Just updated f/ware to 3.0.0.4.382.18991 hoping the previous issues echoed above had gone.... :/

Unfortunately for me I am still experiencing wireless dropouts and ever decreasing speed connectivity to my ISP. I've had to drop back to firmware revision 3.0.0.4.380_7743 just to get a stable connection and speed.

On the 7743 firmware I got a rock solid 240Mbit download connection with 30Mbit upload but anything after that firmware just gradually decreases to practically nothing (0.25Mbit before I gave up and rebooted)

Hope the firmware is working for the rest of you, but for me, I guess I'll have to wait a some more and try again.

Same for mine speed not good

only use 7743

So far I'm not having any issues with throughput speeds on this firmware 3.0.0.4.382_18991 unlike the previous version which forced me to power cycle to clear them out.

[QUOTE =“Gregory Phillips,發表:360625,成員:52704”]到目前為止,我沒有任何與此固件3.0.0.4.382_18991吞吐速度有關的問題,不像以前的版本,這迫使我強行循環清除。[/引用]
So far I'm not having any issues with throughput speeds on this firmware 3.0.0.4.382_18991 unlike the previous version which forced me to power cycle to clear them out.

It takes a long time, but after a day there will be problems

Day 3 without any issues surfacing, however, I'm still using the reboot scheduler on a daily basis and I will continue to do so.:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!