What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.382.15850

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I haven't been able to write anything to my network drive for the past few updates (including 3.0.0.4.382.18991). Anyone know a fix for this?

Code:
Nov 27 22:59:46 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 24306): ntfs_mft_data_extend_allocation_nolock(): Not enough space in this mft record to accommodate extended mft data attribute extent.  Cannot handle this yet.
Nov 27 22:59:46 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 24306): ntfs_mft_record_alloc(): Failed to extend mft data allocation.
Nov 27 22:59:46 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 24306): ntfs_create_helper(): Failed to allocate a new on-disk inode (error 95).
Nov 27 22:59:47 kernel: tntfs error (device sda1, pid 24306): ntfs_create_helper(): Failed (error 95).

[QUOTE =“Gregory Phillips,發表:360625,成員:52704”]到目前為止,我沒有任何與此固件3.0.0.4.382_18991吞吐速度有關的問題,不像以前的版本,這迫使我強行循環清除。[/引用]

It takes a long time, but after a day there will be problems

Been using since release no issues for me as well. Speeds are the same as day of install.

Ditto on the speed, however, I will check the next time WU releases a CU to see if the WAN behaves when multiple machines are dling it.

Ok...I have done some more testing and I think I may have made some progress...

These are the results with AIProtection switched on and Web & Apps Filter enabled and applied to a couple of devices on my network (not my test PC)

AI-ON.PNG

Here are the results with the same settings switched off immediately after.

AI-OFF.PNG

Quite a difference?

Ok...I have done some more testing and I think I may have made some progress...

These are the results with AIProtection switched on and Web & Apps Filter enabled and applied to a couple of devices on my network (not my test PC)

View attachment 11087

Here are the results with the same settings switched off immediately after.

View attachment 11086

Quite a difference?

Please note the results in the first image are 24 hours after installing the latest firmware. Initial speeds were the same as the second image at first but gradually declined over the last 24 hours.
I will have to see what the next 24 hours brings. Hopefully stable speeds like seen with others. If so, it's looking like the Trend Micro AI Protection is the source of the speed issues in my case.

For me it was the speed issues and my phone couldn't keep a stable connection, kept dropping the connection. And playing xbox was a nightmare, couldn't keep a stable connection either.

Meh I lost internet again except this time I caught the red wam light on the router while the cable modem was all connected up with all green lights so there's something amiss here.

Meh I lost internet again except this time I caught the red wam light on the router while the cable modem was all connected up with all green lights so there's something amiss here.

No problems for me on the 3100. Computers, phones, multiple roku players all working great with the new build.

Update: So I'm nearly a week in with the new firmware and the Trend Micro features disabled. I am happy to report that I am still getting full speed both up and down.

I would seriously recommend anyone experiencing speed issues with this new firmware to disable any QOS / Trend Micro features and test again.

I do not have the know-how to take this any further with fault finding but am happy to provide logs etc for anyone who can.

Seems silly to have a bunch of features which many people find useful to cripple your hardware, making all but useless.

No problems for me on the 3100. Computers, phones, multiple roku players all working great with the new build.
I had to roll back to 15850 to stop the wan disconnects.

Yeap, so far no drop of speed here too. At least not yet, I am checking daily. :)
Finally got the drop of speed...:D from 100Mbs to 50Mbs (download). Turned OFF QoS, reboot, and everything is back to normal (same behaviour as previous version 15850). If it behaves like 15850, speed will never drop again as far as QoS is kept OFF. AiProtection has no impact on speed drop...at least here.

With speed drops happening after a certain time, the first thing I would look for are either interference sources, or having your router on a dynamic channel - it's possible that something is causing your router change to a different channel, and that channel turns out to be worse. It's always best to use a fixed channel rather than using the Auto setting.

I am pretty sure channels have not changed after the reboot. The only variable that makes a difference is QoS. But...I will check, good point. Thanks!

@RMelin, I was wrong, channel has changed after reboot.

One question: the speed drop is linked to QoS or this adjustment will happen anyway with or without QoS? I suspect my wifi camera system is the source of the interference as its aligning, by design, to the same channel of the router.

One question: the speed drop is linked to QoS or this adjustment will happen anyway with or without QoS? I suspect my wifi camera system is the source of the interference as its aligning, by design, to the same channel of the router.
I don't have any speed drops here and i do use Adaptive QoS, so i doubt it would be related.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk

I experienced drop of speed with wired devices. As soon as I disabled AIProtection the problems instantly went away and have remained.

I shall enable AIProtection again and re-test.

Ok guys - so I got results immediately. Here are my speeds prior to making any changes - AI currently set to OFF:-
I tested against multiple sources to confirm no issues with one host.

http://beta.speedtest.net/
AI-OFF.PNG

I turned on AIProtection with 2 devices set to web & app filtering, one device blocking Adult material, the second blocking Adult material and Instant messaging & communication. These devices were not the one I am using for testing. The results below:-

http://beta.speedtest.net/
AI-ON.PNG

https://broadbandtest.which.co.uk/
AI-ON2.PNG

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=speed+test
AI-On-Google.PNG

All of the above results instantly went back to 330Mbps or above as soon as I switched off AIProtection.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!