What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Squall Leonhart

Regular Contributor
Version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
2018/06/01
45.9 MBytes

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.21045
- Modified the EULA for DDNS, AiProtection, Adaptive QoS, Traffic Analyzer, Web history, Feedback.
- Add Privacy page in Advanced settings
- Fixed IPv6 bugs
- Modified USB 3.0 related strings.
- Increased port forwarding rules limit from 32 to 64.
- Added more protection mechanism for OpenVPN account.
- Fixed AiMesh bandwidth and extension channel sync issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: d90fcb4d587c6526cd22fec4f37d9a16

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-AC88U/FW_RT_AC88U_300438421045.ZIP

Last edited:
Thank you for posting this Squall as my router doesn't show it yet it is posted on the router product page.

Setting up media bridge from a factory reset is still broken. The wizard doesn't ask for a username and password to be configured and thus the software gets stuck in a loop of rebooting back into the configuration wizard. There is no way this was unit tested by the developer, much less QA tested by someone else in the department.

The workaround is to setup the device as an AP and then convert the device over to media bridge.

Does anyone have more information about what "more protection" for OpenVPN means? What is it exactly that has changed with this new firware release?

I have now updated the firmware on my router to this new version. I cannot see anything new in the OpenVPN settings, neither client nor server. So I guess it must be some behind-the-scenes protection Asus has increased?..

This version has terrible wifi, looks like the power saving is sporadically preventing connections from picking up speed.
Can't see that here.... all is the same as previous version, i.e. stable.

Wi-Fi in router mode is working quite well for me. Media bridge mode on the other hand is a disaster, with the driver constantly dropping connection from the router and requiring a reboot.

It turns out that I have an aimesh network mounted with a main router ac-88u and the node ac86u at a distance more or less than 15 meters the node of the main router ..
when I'm near the node I connect to it but when I'm near the main router is still connected to the node I do not know how to connect the main router .. it's as if it did not disconnect from the node ..
Any solution.
Thank you..

This version has terrible wifi, looks like the power saving is sporadically preventing connections from picking up speed.
I have the same issue with wireless on the ac88 for the latest code but only for 2.4ghz. The 5 ghz and my repeaters (not amesh) are all working ok.\

I'm trying to see if I can find a real live engineer at asus to work with me on this, but so far am getting the generic responses.

It turns out that I have an aimesh network mounted with a main router ac-88u and the node ac86u at a distance more or less than 15 meters the node of the main router ..
when I'm near the node I connect to it but when I'm near the main router is still connected to the node I do not know how to connect the main router .. it's as if it did not disconnect from the node ..
Any solution.
Thank you..
Can you send feedback with system log, wifi log by Feedback function?

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 ASUS_Z012DA 發送

Any solution.
Thank you..

You can't control how you connect to aimesh. I ended up going back to using repeater mode after i tried it out. At least this way i can troubleshoot exactly where my problem is.

I have one ac88 in router mode (not aimesh) with DDNS working fine, but I activated DDNS just before I updated to this last fw version.

Now I've tried to activate DDNS on two different ac88 routers after I updated to this fw version, and nothing happens when I press Apply... (almost true, on one a popup window asking me to agree to lets encypts terms showed up, then nothing more happens)

Anyone experienced the same, or know a fix?

I tried to do the update using the firmware's built-in update option, and it said it updated it, but the router didn't reboot and I am still at v3.0.0.4.384_20379.
Maybe I'll just stick with the current version I have.

make a factory default and initzialize and try again.
I manually downloaded and installed the update and rebooted the router, and all seems fine now.
Doing a factory reset would require me to enter all the custom settings manually again. Is there a way of saving custom settings and loading those back?
I do backup the firmware settings with each firmware update.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

after factory default router knows nothing, if you load your saved config it is as before, and with all errors or problems ...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!