What's new

ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32738

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sanke1

Release Date: 2018/08/20

Improvements:
Code:
ASUS RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.32738
AiMesh new features
- Supported creating mesh system with new router, BlueCave.
- Added Roaming block list in Advanced Settings --> Wireless.
You can add devices into block list and this device will not be roamed between AiMesh nodes.
- Supported ethernet onboarding. User can use ethernet cable.
You can use ethernet cable to connect AiMesh router LAN port and AiMesh node WAN port first and run the adding node process to build the mesh system.
Security fixes.
- Fixed Reflected XSS vulnerability.
- Fixed CSRF vulnerability.
- Fixed command injection vulnerability.
- Fixed stack buffer overflow vulnerability.
Thanks for Rick Ramgattie contribution.
Fixed USB hard drive over 2TB compatibility issues.
Fixed Samba/FTP folder permission issues.
Added USB3.0/2.0 mode switch setting in Administration --> System --> USB Settings.

Download Link

Dirty flashed now my 88U won’t do anything but bootloop [emoji848]‍♂️Just how I like my Mondays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty flashed now my 88U won’t do anything but bootloop [emoji848]‍♂️Just how I like my Mondays

power cycle and nvram flash then

Specifically how mate? Sorry still new to all this and ugh [emoji26]
powering off the router for 30 sec+
hold wps button while powering on, wait till the power led start flashing/blinking then release the wps button
now wait for it to reboot properly
noted that it will require you to reconfigure everything from scratch

powering off the router for 30 sec+
hold wps button while powering on, wait till the power led start flashing/blinking then release the wps button
now wait for it to reboot properly
noted that it will require you to reconfigure everything from scratch

Seeing as how it’s been boot looping all day what are odds that will work?

Tried everything under sun and no dice. Finally put router in recovery mode, and flashed last firmware I had downloaded, the iteration previous this one, and it booted up. It let me set it up, prompted to update to today’s build and I updated it. Figured I’d fixed whatever was wrong. Today’s build immediately put it back into bootloop. Had to put it back in recovery mode and flash iteration previous to today’s and all seems well at the moment. It doesn’t like today’s build though, for some reason. ‍♂️[emoji26]

I'm updating now, however, this version didn't give me a notification.

So far I'm not seeing anything abnormal with this firmware so that's a good thing.

Mine "dirty" updated fine but I have setup from scratch in the past. Try recovery mode with latest firmware if it doesn't boot loop try setup from scratch. Its possiable you have something in your dirty setup causing the update an issue. You can always roll back if needed no fuss.

Last edited:
I have problems with roaming assistent with this relase. I have set "Disconnect when RSSI is lower than -65dBm", and I see clients with almost no signal (-75dBm) trying to keep connection to main router, instead of roaming, not being disconnected.

Previous releases were fine.

I have mine set to reboot once every week and it doesn't deviate from that schedule.

thats the thing, i haven't got any reboot schedule, its never needed one, but i've after updating on the 23rd, i've had a reset on the 1st, and then on the 7th.

Have you tried power cycling it leaving it off long enough to clear out any memory strays?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!