What's new

Asus RT-AX56U vs RT-AX3000 / RT-AX58U - Which Wireless Router is Better on WiFi 5, 6 & AiMesh?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jayce Ooi

Regular Contributor
Author's Note: The original review can be found at my blog - Asus RT-AX56U vs RT-AX3000 @ JayceOoi.com.

Hi guys, I have the chance to re-visit budget Wi-Fi 6 router - Asus RT-AX56U. Managed to test it with Wi-Fi 6 device and AiMesh ability. Of course, compared it to slightly expensive RT-AX3000 (RT-AX58U) which has 160 MHz channels. Hopefully, this short review can give you some ideas which one to buy…

I saw somewhere else that the RT-AX3000 hasn't external 2.4GHz PN/LNA but the RT-56U has. This would effect their 2.4GHz speed/range which hadn't mentioned in your test.

If anything, the AX58U has better 2.4ghz performance. I bought both for a mesh network. My 2.4ghz IOT devices really seem to favour the ax58u over the ax56u. For example my LG washer and dryer are in the basement (where I had an AX56U) and they were connecting to the AX58U on the third floor.

I was blown away by the range of the ax58u. I was originally going to use my ac66u_b1 as mesh with it, specifically for my front ring doorbell. but really there is no need. the doorbell went from reporting 70-74 rssi to 57. My ax58u is in my basement on the backwall. even when I had the ac66u_b1 in living room 5ft from my front door it didn't do much better then the ax58u in the basement. lol

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!