Asus RT-AX56U web history not working?

netwdad

New Around Here
Someone please help. When a device joins the network for the first time, it seems to log about 50 entries (URLs, adds, other IPs etc). But when it reaches around 50, it stops logging?

If I clear the history, exit the router UI, and then come back, it captures the last 50 again, then stops.

And if I try view the activity live and refresh, nothing shows up....

Is this functionality working properly? Any ideas? I'm using the latest firmware (from Dec I think).

Is there a way to save indefinite entries to a USB?

Thanks.

netwdad

New Around Here
Update: it appears to update after a while, IF you log out and wait ~10min. So it's logging.

But how do you save a few days worth of data vs just the last 50 entries? Can someone please help. Thanks.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
But how do you save a few days worth of data vs just the last 50 entries? Can someone please help. Thanks.
That limit is determined by Asus and Trend Micro, it's not user-configurable.

netwdad

New Around Here
That limit is determined by Asus and Trend Micro, it's not user-configurable.
Ok thanks. Any idea if Asuswrt-Merlin would offer more capability?

If not, how does the LinkSys, NETGEAR or TP Link's UI / web history tracking compare? Would I be better off getting another router? Thanks RMerlin.

RMerlin

Asuswrt-Merlin dev
Ok thanks. Any idea if Asuswrt-Merlin would offer more capability?
As I said, only Asus or Trend Micro can change this. The Trend Micro code is all closed source.

If not, how does the LinkSys, NETGEAR or TP Link's UI / web history tracking compare?
I don't know, I haven't used any Linksys router in over 10 years, and I never used either of the two others.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!