What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_49447 (2022/06/20)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In 386.7 or 386.49447 of AX86U, "160MHz+ch36" will make your router lose 160MHz when an 80MHz device is pluged in.
"20/40/80/160MHz + Enable 160MHz + ch auto + DFS” will make your router boost to 160MHz automatically when a 160MHz device is pluged in. When your last 160MHz device disconnects, your router will drop to 80MHz. And a 160MHz device is pluged in, your router boost to 160MHz automatically again.

Although both versions of the firmware can achieve 160MHz 5G WiFi, the following two things make me irritable:
1. 5G bandwidth of the AiMesh node is always the same as the AiMesh router. This means your AiMesh node is always at 80MHz if your AiMesh router drop to 80MHz.
2. A 160mhz device connects to the AiMesh router when the the AiMesh router is at 80MHz. Then the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min. But the 5G WiFi disconnects for a split second so that this 160MHz device is connected to the AiMesh node. AiMesh routers that lose 160MHz devices drop to 80MHz. Then this 160MHz device connects back to the aimesh router by AiMesh or 802.11K/V. And the AiMesh router boost to 160MHz after 1-2 min.....................This 160MHz device "jumps" between the AiMesh router and the AiMesh node. Sometimes, it ends up connecting to the AiMesh router with 160MHz. Sometimes, it ends up disconnecting.
160.png

Last edited:
My apologies. I did not consider that Merlin may have added features to allow for changing the level of logging via the GUI. I believe there are NVRAM commands one can use to change the log levels.

nvram set message_loglevel=4
nvram set log_level=4
nvram commit
This is not working on a ax86u.
Are there other commands to shut that log a bit?

Are there other commands to shut that log a bit?
I think you may need to restart the logger, or the router, for the new value to take

Code:
nvram set log_level=<new_level>
nvram commit
service restart_logger

However, if you're not experiencing any router problems I recommend this setting

Code:
nvram set log_level=just_stop_looking_at_the_logs

I think you may need to restart the logger, or the router, for the new value to take

Code:
nvram set log_level=<new_level>
nvram commit
service restart_logger

However, if you're not experiencing any router problems I recommend this setting

Code:
nvram set log_level=just_stop_looking_at_the_logs
Yeah not looking is the way to go.
Still there must be some commands that work right?
The ones you suggest dont.
So anybody?

Yeah not looking is the way to go.
Still there must be some commands that work right?
The ones you suggest dont.
So anybody?
When you say "don't work", do you mean the router isn't handling the command correctly and not setting log_level? Or, the router doesn't seem to change its verbose setting because it keeps logging useless messages? If your issue is the latter, then I think others have determined that this 49447 is just annoyingly verbose with its logs, and you can't do anything about it. If you're having a router issue, then just download and grep through the full log.

Last edited:
When you say "don't work", do you mean the router isn't handling the command correctly and not setting log_level? Or, the router doesn't seem to change its verbose setting because it keeps logging useless messages? If you're issue is the latter, then I think others have determined that this 49447 is just annoyingly verbose with its logs, and you can't do anything about it. If you're having a router issue, then just download and grep through the full log.
No i am using 46061 on this ax86u, had some weirdness going on with 386.7 from merlin.
Reading and reading, as i do here most of the time, i reverted back to 46061.

Those commands worked perfect in the past on previous asus routers,this one wont shut up,lots of useless info indeed.
And it just simply annoys me when i want to look in the log.
Since the option is available in merlin,it must be possible to do that with the stock firmware i think.
Dont look is not the solution for me :)

No i am using 46061 on this ax86u, had some weirdness going on with 386.7 from merlin.
Reading and reading, as i do here most of the time, i reverted back to 46061.

Those commands worked perfect in the past on previous asus routers,this one wont shut up,lots of useless info indeed.
And it just simply annoys me when i want to look in the log.
Since the option is available in merlin,it must be possible to do that with the stock firmware i think.
Dont look is not the solution for me :)
This thread is for the latest stock 49447 f/w. If you have an issue with f/w 46061 logging then start a new thread, and describe your exact issue, setup, and what you've tried so far. Or better yet, search the threads first, and look for others that may have had your issue.

This thread is for the latest stock 49447 f/w. If you have an issue with f/w 46061 logging then start a new thread, and describe your exact issue, setup, and what you've tried so far. Or better yet, search the threads first, and look for others that may have had your issue.
If you can point me out where those commands are listed on this forum,and work with stock firmware be my guest.
No where to be found on google,not here on the forums.
Since you made a remark about commands i replied, coz i want to know working commands on a ax86u with stock firmware, 49447 or earlier.
If you dont know the answer, whats the point coming back with smart butt comments?
Lets see if something comes up..

Asuswrt 49599 with connection issues fix is available in Asus App. Upgraded, no smoke. Syslog is quiet, no CONSOLE messages.

Last edited:
Asuswrt 49599 with connection issues fix is available in Asus App. Upgraded, no smoke.
Time for you to pop pop open a new thread for this Release ? ;)

Someone else is going to do the hard work. I’m just sharing the good news. When I say there is a firmware issue - trust me next time. :)

ASUS RT-AX86U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386_49599 (2022/07/12)​

Someone else is going to do the hard work. I’m just sharing the good news. When I say there is a firmware issue - trust me next time. :)
Dang! Another router upgrade I slept through...

Seems to be the wrong tree to post this in.

Sorry meant ,thread. Spell check ....

I don't see how it can be the wrong thread letting people know through notifications if they have them turned on of the new update and continued conversation about the same router.

As the last few updates was a little buggy getting the latest one out there is a must.

If i did wrong I'm sure a staff member will correct the post.

I don't see how it can be the wrong thread letting people know through notifications

To advertise 3.0.04.386_45599 build in 3.0.0.4.386_49447 thread is bad behave.
It's more relevant to open new thread as that reach more people if you want's to inform them and discusions is about 49447 builds.

I ran 386.7 for a couple of days with Diversion/pixelserv and had no issues other than the RAM going up. Did not have a dnsmasq crash.
I noticed this and wondered how you managed to get Diversion to run on stock AsusWRT? From what I have seen it is for Merlin only (and this is an official AsusWRT forum). I would like to be able to do the same, if possible. Thanks

I noticed this and wondered how you managed to get Diversion to run on stock AsusWRT? From what I have seen it is for Merlin only (and this is an official AsusWRT forum). I would like to be able to do the same, if possible. Thanks
I did not say I had diversion running on stock Asus. I did have Merlin 386.7 with Diversion, though. Now on Asus firmware with CleanBrowsing Security DNS/DoT and running Firefox with Ublock Origin for add blocking.

At one time it was possible to get Entware and possibly Diversion running on Asus firmware but now with added "security" measures it is mostly impossible.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!