What's new

Release Asus RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4_388_23565 (2023-06-20)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
Firmware version 3.0.0.4_388_23565-g3d79d4e

- Release Note -
Bug Fixes and Enhancements :
- NowTV profile has been added under new IPTV profiles.
- IPTV settings have been updated for better compatibility with Unifi Biz VoIP service.
- Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.

Security Fixes :
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities including CVE-2023-28322, CVE-2023-28321, and CVE-2023-28319.
- Fixed FFmpeg vulnerabilities, specifically CVE-2022-3964, CVE-2022-48434, and CVE-2022-3109.
- Corrected an OpenVPN vulnerability categorized as CWE-134.
- Fixed the Hostap vulnerability CVE-2019-10064.
- Patched a command injection vulnerability to improve overall security.
- Strengthened protection against SSH brute force attacks.

DOWNLOAD https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...AX86U_PRO_300438823565.zip?model=RT-AX86U Pro

Last edited:
- Fixed a GUI bug that occurred when adding port range rules in the Network Service Filter.
Nice to see that getting (relatively) quickly fixed. Bunch of complains about that here.

Firmware version 3.0.0.4_388_23565-g3d79d4e

- Release Note -
Bug Fixes and Enhancements :
- NowTV profile has been added under new IPTV profiles.
- IPTV settings have been updated for better compatibility with Unifi Biz VoIP service.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.

Security Fixes :
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities including CVE-2023-28322, CVE-2023-28321, and CVE-2023-28319.
- Fixed FFmpeg vulnerabilities, specifically CVE-2022-3964, CVE-2022-48434, and CVE-2022-3109.
- Corrected an OpenVPN vulnerability categorized as CWE-134.
- Fixed the Hostap vulnerability CVE-2019-10064.
- Patched a command injection vulnerability to improve overall security.
- Strengthened protection against SSH brute force attacks.

Upgrade via router GUI. Download link not available as of this writing.
And download link? [:]

Last edited:
As you can see there is not a download link...yet. I just checked the Asus global site and the US site. Use the GUI to upgrade if you can't wait.
Edit: 1545 EDT and still no download link on the Asus global or US support site.

Last edited:
Did you miss this at the bottom of the OP's post: "Download link not available as of this writing."

This happens frequently when the router GUI indicates a new firmware version but Asus is delayed in updating the US Asus website pages for the updated firmware links. Update through the router GUI update notice until Asus updates their support page(s) to include the latest firmware download link.
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...6u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U-Pro

Hey gang. I had no problem updating the firmware on my Ax86U pro today through the GUI but I have an AX86S as an AImesh node that is still on the previous fw release and is not updating. I was unable to find an answer through search that did not require a manual fw install and a download link to the firmware so any assistance or knowledge would be much appreciated.

Hey gang. I had no problem updating the firmware on my Ax86U pro today through the GUI but I have an AX86S as an AImesh node that is still on the previous fw release and is not updating. I was unable to find an answer through search that did not require a manual fw install and a download link to the firmware so any assistance or knowledge would be much appreciated.
No new release for the AX86U/S yet. Just the AX86U Pro.

RT-AX88U Pro was updated on the same day (June 20) to version 3.0.0.6.x which means that the new VLAN features (aka Guest Network Pro) are now official/stable and all beta versions have been removed from the support page. Any theory why Asus leaves RT-AX86U Pro with version 3.0.0.4.x and Guest Network Pro still in beta only?

RT-AX88U Pro was updated on the same day (June 20) to version 3.0.0.6.x which means that the new VLAN features (aka Guest Network Pro) are now official/stable and all beta versions have been removed from the support page. Any theory why Asus leaves RT-AX86U Pro with version 3.0.0.4.x and Guest Network Pro still in beta only?
I am wondering the same thing.

It will be ready when it is ready! Read through the comments for the AX88U Pro firmware and you will see that the new firmware may have been released too soon.

It will be ready when it is ready! Read through the comments for the AX88U Pro firmware and you will see that the new firmware may have been released too soon.
You may be correct on that. The current Beta for the AX86U Pro seems very stable on my network so I am content to keep using it.

Possible issue with Asus DDNS not updating when the WAN IP address changes. My ISP seems to change the WAN IP address every time the router is restarted or when a config change restarts the WAN connection. Not to mention a WAN lease time of 15 minutes. Several times since the last firmware upgrade I have discovered I could not connect with Instant Guard, OpenVPN, Wireguard or connect to my security cams from the web. Clicking OK on the DDNS GUI page renewed the DNS mapping to the current WAN IP address.
Has been reported to Asus.

Maybe Im not looking in the right place for a few features. Guest Network Pro is not a choice its labeled guest network, vlan is not present under lan tab. I am unable to get Wan> DNS Server> Adblock Adguard to work which is likely me misunderstanding how to set it up.

I have viewed the Asus FAQ pages the images of UI is different than what I have. I am more confused. I went looking for a manual on the Asus site but they only have quick start pdf. Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_23565

If anyone has any idea what Im doing wrong please advise.
Thanks

Guest Network Pro is not a choice its labeled guest network, vlan is not present under lan tab.
These features are part of 3.0.0.6.102_xxxxx. This fiirmware is 3.0.0.4.388_xxxxx, which is an older code base.

You need to use the beta 9.0.0.6.102.4856 firmware to get the Guest Network Pro/VLAN options.
https://www.asus.com/us/networking-...6u-pro/helpdesk_bios/?model2Name=RT-AX86U-Pro
ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 9.0.0.6.102.4856
Beta Version

55.14 MB
2023/03/21
Be noted: This is an early stage beta, there might be bugs. This version can be downgraded via web GUI only.

1. Recap new features of 3.0.0.6.102: Guest network Pro(SDN), VLAN, Auto USB WAN backup, iPhone tethering, Multi-services WAN.
2. Re-defined VLAN, supports Trunk, Access mode with VLAN-only-network.
3. Synchronize Guest network pro (SDN) with VLAN, create/delete new VLAN-only-network will create/delete a new profile in Guest network as well.
4. Port isolation and AP isolation to restrict device access to each other.
5. Re-defined multi-service WAN, disable it by default.
6. Add surfshark VPN in VPN fusion.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!