What's new

ASUS RT-AX86U / Open VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RebelAngel

New Around Here
My question is about a setting that's maybe not only specific for the router I own. Anyways I wonder, when I'm using OpenVPN if there's a chance to not end up in the IP-range 10.x.x.x but 192.168.x.x because certain things don't work that way...

You can change the VPN subnet and netmask. But not to the same used in the LAN.
For me the default values work just fine even when remoting into a client connected to the server via OpenVPN.

Well, glad to read you all have no issues with OpenVPN setup on this Asus rt but I sure do ever since I upgraded it to the AsusWrt Merlin 386.2_6. Server is supposedly running and syslog captures any changes I do to the config but it is not responding to any attempts to connect by the clients. I didn't test with the firewall being off, but on my AC68U I never had to turn off the firewall in order to have OpenVPN svr running. Any tip is appreciated in advance.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!