What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24198 08NOV23

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bbunge

Part of the Furniture
ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24198

SUPPORTTABS_VERSION 3.0.0.4.388_24198

52.73 MB

2023/11/08

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Fixed v6plus related issues.
- Added OCN support.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Fixed the problem that the AiCloud app cannot add router on Android 9.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities.
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 4d84b42366d815a0d9c2a25a8a45420495e551bcaec4c7ebd23127693209f04c

So far, so good with this release.

It has been confirmed that this release has the Guest1 WLAN bug that breaks Internet access unless 'access intranet' is enabled. Workaround here is to use Guest2 WLANs on root node only, which is more workable now (more coverage) than with previous generation WiFi product.

OE

Last edited:
So far, so good with this release.

It has been confirmed that this release has the Guest1 WLAN bug that breaks Internet access unless 'access intranet' is enabled. Workaround here is to use Guest2 WLANs on root node only, which is more workable now (more coverage) than with previous generation WiFi product.

OE
Guest Network 1 failure confirmed. Tested with open WIFI and WPA2-Personal. Both failed. Bummer! I had turned off my GN1 some time ago and moved my two IoT WIFI devices to the main WIFI.

Otherwise it is working well for me as well.

BB

Here's another observation... I'm not sure how far back it applies... at least to the previous fw release for both models in my sig... i.e. a week ago.

I have one client wired to my node (a chatty VoIP ATA). It does not want to show up in the webUI AiMesh\node client list (and perhaps the other client lists, all of which I tend to ignore) when the MoCA2.5 backhaul is connected to the node 2.5GbE port... but it will show when connected to the node 1GbE WAN port. I'm still changing conditions to discover this... the port change had an immediate affect in the webUI.

So, if you move your wired backhaul to your node's 2.5GbE port, do you lose the wired clients listed under AiMesh\node\Clients?

OE

Last edited:
Here's another observation... I'm not sure how far back it applies... at least to the previous fw release for both models in my sig... i.e. a week ago.

I have one client wired to my node (a chatty VoIP ATA). It does not want to show up in the webUI AiMesh\node client list (and perhaps the other client lists, all of which I tend to ignore) when the MoCA2.5 backhaul is connected to the node 2.5GbE port... but it will show when connected to the node 1GbE WAN port. I'm still changing conditions to discover this... the port change had an immediate affect in the webUI.

So, if you move your wired backhaul to your node's 2.5GbE port, do you lose the wired clients listed under AiMesh\node\Clients?

OE
I can confirm that moving the nodes Ethernet backhaul to the 2.5 GB port the list of clients is lost. In fact with the backhaul on the 2.5 GB port router and node I lost connection with the node. I did initially have a short CAT5 patch cable connecting the node to the wall jack but replacing it with a CAT6 patch cable made no difference. Backhaul is now connected to the router 2.5 GB port and the node WAN port (1 GB). The client connected to the node port 1 is a DS218j and is working normally.

Edit: FWIW I discovered there are a bunch of new client icons. Even your electronic toothbrush and a toilet 😉

Last edited:
Just to add on as a data point.

Looking at the logs of the router after the update, the breakage of Guest Network 1 seems to be due to the firewall dropping ALL DNS requests from any clients that is within Guest Network 1.

At the same time, I have also noticed that if I were to use the built-in Wireguard server, with my mobile devices as the Wireguard clients, the handshake will be complete (able to see from the wireguard client's end that TX and RX are both increasing), but no web content will be displayed until Wireguard server's "Access Intranet" option is enabled. The logs also seem to indicate that the firewall is dropping ALL DNS requests from the various wireguard clients.

ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24198

SUPPORTTABS_VERSION 3.0.0.4.388_24198

52.73 MB

2023/11/08

Bug Fixes and Enhancements:
- Fixed WAN connection issues.
- Fixed v6plus related issues.
- Added OCN support.
- Resolved an issue that caused hostname errors in the DDNS service.
- Resolved OpenVPN server TAP mode issue.
- Fixed the problem that the AiCloud app cannot add router on Android 9.
- Ensured consistent display of client status on the WireGuard server.
- Enhanced system stability when accessing the WireGuard server with DMZ enabled.
- Improved stability when enabling or disabling the WireGuard server.
- Optimized memory utilization and fixed an occasional server error when registering DDNS with an app.
- Corrected a bug encountered when adding a rule to the network services filter.

Security Fixes:
- Fixed several curl vulnerabilities.
- Fixed OpenSSL vulnerabilities.
- Upgraded to the latest dropbear version.
- Fixed a stack overflow vulnerability.

Please unzip the firmware file, and then verify the checksum.
SHA256: 4d84b42366d815a0d9c2a25a8a45420495e551bcaec4c7ebd23127693209f04c

There is an issue when you have more than one Wireguard. When booting the router, the first will connect. The second or third will remain in connecting until you manually stop them and start them.

Some test notes and general observations ....

Asus AX88U-PRO
Operation Mode: Wireless router
Firmware Version: 3.0.0.6.102_32843
@PunchCardBoss
Are you posting in the wrong thread? This thread is discussing the: ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24198 08NOV23

@PunchCardBoss
Are you posting in the wrong thread? This thread is discussing the: ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388_24198 08NOV23
yep-sorry. Deleted.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!