What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX86U Pro Firmware version 3.0.0.6_102_34312 - 2024/05/09

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Try clearing the cache on your browser. Try rebooting your PC. Try using 'incognito' mode (or equivalent). Try disabling all extensions on the browser. Try with a different browser. Check that the settings are changed by hitting Shift F5.

I understand. But 'not recommended' is not the same as 'automatically stripped out for you then you can't connect because you didn't know they were stripped out' or 'not supported'. :)

So much for using the same stuff from the old router to save config on the devices ...

I use spaces in my GNP SSIDs. My allowed ASCII shortlist: Aa-Zz 0-9 space,.'&()-

OE

Is there a bug with setting a custom DNS server? I have Adguard home on a rpi3 that isn't showing any DNS queries after I set it. Works for a few minutes then logs on Adguard home show no updates...I am on the latest stock firmware

Could be but my custom DNS for Cloudflare Security is working.

OE

Might have found some bugs on this firmware; ax86u pro hard reset and setup from scratch on this latest stock:

-2.4 GHz channel won't stick. No matter how many times I manually set and click apply the page resets but it shows auto

Probably a system issue on your end.

-Led lights don't stay off all the time. For whatever reason even if I use the hardware button to toggle and make any changes in the firmware settings the 5 GHz light LED solely ligjts up again and I have to manually toggle the led button again

I have LEDs OFF and noticed the 5.0 LED came ON when I lost Internet service one day... I think... still keeping an eye on them.

-Not able to actually reboot the router either using the reboot button within the firmware settings or using the Asus app on iOS

OE

-Not able to actually reboot the router either using the reboot button within the firmware settings or using the Asus app on iOS
Likely an issue specific to your setup (browser or router GUI). I used the reboot button in the GUI without issue several times while testing this firmware. Win 11 PC connected either by WiFi or Ethernet running Brave browser.

Try clearing the cache on your browser. Try rebooting your PC. Try using 'incognito' mode (or equivalent). Try disabling all extensions on the browser. Try with a different browser. Check that the settings are changed by hitting Shift F5.
Using Firefox mobile on iOS but will try pc

I have LEDs OFF and noticed the 5.0 LED came ON when I lost Internet service one day... I think... still keeping an eye on them.

OE
Doubt it's a system issue. Was able to reboot using safari on iOS and guess what now the channel selected for 5ghz has stuck but 2.4ghz now shows auto. No matter what the page refreshes and the value stays at auto. If I reboot the 2.4ghz will stick and the 5 becomes auto. This definitely seems like a firmware bug. Rest of the system is stable and logs don't show any issues or changes.

Doubt it's a system issue. Was able to reboot using safari on iOS and guess what now the channel selected for 5ghz has stuck but 2.4ghz now shows auto. No matter what the page refreshes and the value stays at auto. If I reboot the 2.4ghz will stick and the 5 becomes auto. This definitely seems like a firmware bug. Rest of the system is stable and logs don't show any issues or changes.

I'm not seeing any webUI issues like you describe... I'm using Win10 Edge on a wired PC to admin the router.

I am seeing CPU temp at 82.9C on my new router with this new firmware... higher than it should be, imo. :rolleyes:

OE

Update: rolled over to RMerlin's firmware and all my issues described above disappeared affirming those bugs must exist in the latest stock firmware

I tried a half-hearted test (not enough rebooting and follow-up debugging... busy with other chores)... set node LAN1,2,3,4 ports to Access and my GNP guest WLAN profile. Affects:

o I could no longer browse to the OBi202 ATA connected to node LAN1 and the ATA could not register SIP with the ITSP.

o AiMesh tab reported the node offline. I did not touch the 2.5G backhaul ports (LAN5 on the node).

And the weird item I have not seen before... I have all LEDs OFF normally... the 5.0 LED came on steady on both nodes... I toggled the node LED ON/OFF to turn them all ON and then all OFF.

OE

Observing same issue as fubag. Brief history, ran 3006 for a day after release and returned back to Merlin. Back to 3006 today. Hard Reset and manual configuration. Issue with both Windows 11 Edge and Chrome browser. Cache was cleared. There is a problem with the firmware locking control channels simultaneously.

Provided feedback to Asus using Administration | Feedback.

1716848466832.png

1716848637737.png

OR

1716848512233.png

1716848551568.png

Only one band can show Channel number at a time.

Thank you, no problem. On my side I have a ticket with Asus on the matter as well, and there are no updates there.

3.0.0.6.102_34313 seems to have been released today with fixes for the IPv6 issues. I have just upgraded, and this seems to solve the IPv6 firewall issue at a first look.

3.0.0.6.102_34313 seems to have been released today with fixes for the IPv6 issues. I have just upgraded, and this seems to solve the IPv6 firewall issue at a first look.
How about the manual channel selection issues I described above and turning LEDs completely off

How about the manual channel selection issues I described above and turning LEDs completely off
Nothing noted about it in the released notes. You might want to follow the new build's thread instead ...

Observing same issue as fubag. Brief history, ran 3006 for a day after release and returned back to Merlin. Back to 3006 today. Hard Reset and manual configuration. Issue with both Windows 11 Edge and Chrome browser. Cache was cleared. There is a problem with the firmware locking control channels simultaneously.

Provided feedback to Asus using Administration | Feedback.

View attachment 59017
View attachment 59021

OR

View attachment 59018
View attachment 59019

Only one band can show Channel number at a time.

I can confirm this issue. Does not affect me as i have 2.4 Ghz disabled. What ever band is changed to a fixed channel last reverts the other to auto.

This just blows my mind for an official release with 2 very simple bugs that should have been seen and fixed before there was ever a release. Very poor on Asus part. This is becoming the norm unfortunately. I really wonder if these builds are even tested in the real world by Asus or it looks good on paper send it out.

Last edited:
I can confirm this issue. Does not affect me as i have 2.4 Ghz disabled. What ever band is changed to a fixed channel last reverts the other to auto.

This just blows my mind for an official release with 2 very simple bugs that should have been seen and fixed before there was ever a release. Very poor on Asus part. This is becoming the norm unfortunately. I really wonder if these builds are even tested in the real world by Asus or it looks good on paper send it out.

Can you confirm it on a default configuration? I'm not seeing it here... I fiddled with the channel settings for a few minutes and they work ok.

OE

Can you confirm it on a default configuration? I'm not seeing it here.

OE

A default configuration is already set to auto. Nothing to confirm. Many users don't use auto configurations because it's not always the best.

A default configuration is already set to auto. Nothing to confirm. Many users don't use auto configurations because it's not always the best.

Default and then try your channel change challenge... but nevermind, I'm fine with it and we're moving on.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!