What's new

[Asus RT-AX88U] Delivery times & prices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Balance

Regular Contributor
Asus RT-AX88U
Delivery times & prices

bJPRHqO.jpg

It looks like the Asus RT-AX88U is the first draft-802.11ax router that will be available on the consumer market. This topic is only about the delivery times & prices of the Asus RT-AX88U: Where to get it the cheapest and the fastest.

If you want to share expirients or like to discuss the router, visit: [Asus RT-AX88U] Experiences & Discussion

Webshops (as of 03-10-2018)
If you found other webshops or price trackers that have the RT-AX88U listed let me know!

Attachments

• RT-AX88U teaser-small.jpg
    RT-AX88U teaser-small.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Mine was sent to me today by my Swedish dealer Webhallen. So will be playing with it during the weekend. :)

bought two of them.... one arriving today, another one tomorrow... replacing my setup router + media bridge tomorrow. let see how it goes.

Why are things so expensive? $350 USD for one is that normal due to it being failry new. Will these go down to a more reasonable price like $299?

Man Routers have become considerably more expensive. It seems when new Wifi Standards are created the price of routers go up.

Unless you need the fancy new wifi, at this point it makes more sense to repurpose an older (2016+) sff pc to use as a firewall with pfsense, sophos utm or something similar, then run your older routers as AP's. Much more functionality than a $400 router IMO.

Unless you need the fancy new wifi, at this point it makes more sense to repurpose an older (2016+) sff pc to use as a firewall with pfsense, sophos utm or something similar, then run your older routers as AP's. Much more functionality than a $400 router IMO.
Could an SFF PC with an Intel AC9260 card work as an access point to provide the max speeds the card is supposed to support, given that the connecting client has such a card as well?

^^I don't see why not. Whatever software you're running for the firewall (pfsense, opnsense, utm, xg, etc), should support the wifi nic. Otherwise it will be as though the nic is not installed. In my implementation I opted to just use the older rt's as ap's and switches. I needed the latter any way so why not. In addition, these app make for a decent semi managed device with robocfg/trunked vlan support.

got a Fritz 7590 and Intel AC9260 with 1733Mb/s max-connection speed on 160MHz bandwith.
So the Intel card wont be the problem at all!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!