What's new

[Asus RT-AX88U] Experiences & Discussion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Is Ai Protection on?

no, everything is completely off.

What has been configured or setup on the router?

Does it do this if you factory reset it?

only password on wifi, 160mhz and wifi 6 mode. as I wrote above, reset several times, everything is the same. reset through webui and through WPS

Whenever i set my wifi 5 ghz channel to 100 and 160mhz non of my devices detect ssid no idea why, was working fine for couple of hours before, if it auto picks channel 100 there also no problems, have pretty much same problem with other routers, so i am not sure if this is related at all to this asus router.

Getting these errors to.
Nov 11 13:08:57 kernel: FPM Pool 0: invalid token 0x01340000 freed
Nov 11 13:09:39 kernel: FPM Pool 1: invalid token 0x22b68000 freed
Nov 11 13:09:40 kernel: FPM Pool 0: invalid token 0x00d08000 freed

Router feels stable but i do not trust it, read it happens on every asus router

Asus is telling me to rma but i am pretty sure every replacement they give will have same issue probably if its an issue at all.

Since he looks to be on a fiber connection he will have less of an issue with Bandwidth sharing compared to someone on cable, i'm on fiber and have no issues getting full speed doesn't matter what time of the day or night.

This should be fixable once he goes through all the settings.

That's the problem. Everything is off. On standard ASUSWRT, version 3.0.0.4.384_6436, I have literally every featureset turned off. It doesn't looks like there's a specific tool set, or section, that allows me to control Runner or Flow Cache, so I'm not sure how to check if that's functional either. I am on fiber, but I even took TOD congestion into account and have tested randomly across multiple days and conditions. Without fail, traffic through the router (upload only) is limited to less that 300M. I'm starting to wonder if there's a hardware issue that I'm not seeing.....

That's the problem. Everything is off. On standard ASUSWRT, version 3.0.0.4.384_6436, I have literally every featureset turned off. It doesn't looks like there's a specific tool set, or section, that allows me to control Runner or Flow Cache, so I'm not sure how to check if that's functional either. I am on fiber, but I even took TOD congestion into account and have tested randomly across multiple days and conditions. Without fail, traffic through the router (upload only) is limited to less that 300M. I'm starting to wonder if there's a hardware issue that I'm not seeing.....

Maybe a bad router then.

hello guys i have a question befor buy asus ax88u. Can i select which device must use vpn or not? thank you :)

hello guys i have a question befor buy asus ax88u. Can i select which device must use vpn or not? thank you :)

Yes the device supports VPN Policy routing with Merlin firmware I think its also in stock asus firmware.

I think its also in stock asus firmware.

Stock firmware doesn't support it. You need a model that supports VPN Fusion, which at this time is only available on the ROG models.

Stock firmware doesn't support it. You need a model that supports VPN Fusion, which at this time is only available on the ROG models.

thank you for reply! For multiple vpn is better gt-ac2900? Or fw merlin work nice with multiple vpn?

thank you for reply! For multiple vpn is better gt-ac2900? Or fw merlin work nice with multiple vpn?

Asus's client VPN support is in general less flexible than mine, as they do not offer support for more advanced settings.

Thank you for the correction I was under the impression it was there in Stock Noted.

Asus's client VPN support is in general less flexible than mine, as they do not offer support for more advanced settings.

thank you :) I need to use vpn not on all device with your fw merlin i’ll not have problems. Ax88u is good router or you advise to buy another model?

thank you :) I need to use vpn not on all device with your fw merlin i’ll not have problems. Ax88u is good router or you advise to buy another model?

Depends on your budget.

The two hot choices right now are the AC86U and the AX88U.

I've been using the AX88U for about 3 months now and its been rock solid.

And using it exactly how you intend to use it. I have one android streaming device that runs through an ExpressVPN Tunnel while the rest of my devices use the WAN Tunnel.

If you can afford it, the RT-AX88U is a great router. It's only real flaw right now is its price.

Depends on your budget.

The two hot choices right now are the AC86U and the AX88U.

I've been using the AX88U for about 3 months now and its been rock solid.

And using it exactly how you intend to use it. I have one android streaming device that runs through an ExpressVPN Tunnel while the rest of my devices use the WAN Tunnel.

thank you! I bought ax88u

If you can afford it, the RT-AX88U is a great router. It's only real flaw right now is its price.

i found it for 229€ NEW and i just bought it :) thank you guys! First step i’ll install fw merlin :D

i don’t know if it’s spam write here but send me a message private. It’s italian store online.
Well.. in ebay there is an italian store also selling it for 239€ (plus shipping) now..

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!