What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20499 (2022/08/25)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

You’re right, it’s not intuitive - and maybe it’s not even intended to work that way.

But it works, and it’s exactly the feature I need - so I’m pretty chuffed.

I wasn’t able to do that with my previous setup - and I’ve upgraded to WireGuard as well, which has boosted VPN throughput immensely.

All I need now is for them to support 3 concurrent tunnels (perhaps on high-end, eg. GT models) and I will be over the moon.

I think piecing things together is that all devices on the 2.4Ghz wifi and the local LAN are dedicated to the Default Tunnel, which is the PPPoe internet connection. Thus only devices on the 5Ghz are available to be "selected" for one of the other Fusion Tunnels. I have selected one Wiregurad tunnel as the Default by selecting all devices. Thus all devices exit over that tunnel. This leaves me to only select the 5Ghz wifi devices to allocate to the other Fusion Tunnel. This is not what I expected and not intuative so its take a while for the penny to drop.
Not sure if this is functioning as per Asus design of if this is an undocumented "Feature"

Needles to say the devices I wish to allocate to a Fusion tunnel are on the LAN so its not workable for me at this time.
Further to my post:

Your PPPoE connection is not a tunnel! It’s a connection, but not a tunnel - not a VPN connection. It’s your WAN.

I think what you’re saying is that you need your WAN connection, eg. local IP to be available to the devices on your LAN. This is a standard setup.

I don’t need that. So I’m able to use my two concurrent connections for tunnels - and all from a GUI.

After Merlin releases his 388 flavour, you might want to try again. Should be possible with his platform.

But it’s not GUI (radio button) based, so it will be harder to setup. I will probably end up there as well. But for now, I’m good.

Further to my post:

Your PPPoE connection is not a tunnel! It’s a connection, but not a tunnel - not a VPN connection. It’s your WAN.

I think what you’re saying is that you need your WAN connection, eg. local IP to be available to the devices on your LAN. This is a standard setup.

I don’t need that. So I’m able to use my two concurrent connections for tunnels - and all from a GUI.

After Merlin releases his 388 flavour, you might want to try again. Should be possible with his platform.

But it’s not GUI (radio button) based, so it will be harder to setup. I will probably end up there as well. But for now, I’m good.
Is it already certain when the 388 should come?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!