What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20499 (2022/08/25)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

LimJK

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.388.20499
2022/08/25 64.28 MBytes
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.20499

Try more on ASUSWRT 2022 with new features at https://asus.click/ASUSWRT2022
  1. Supported WireGuard VPN server and client.
  2. Supported VPN fusion. It can easily achieve VPN connection to network devices like Smart TV, Game consoles and without installing the VPN client software.
  3. Supported new devices connection notification.
  4. Supported connection diagnostic on the ASUS router app.
  5. Supported Instant Guard 2.0 which helps easily invite family or friends to join the VPN connection.
  6. Upgraded parental control and added reward, new scheduler for flexible setting
  7. Fixed USB icon issue in port status.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: c5feacf21e1d237f595c7e342b601dcc

Last edited:
I saw your post, I went on my AX88U and I found it's running this release.
It looks like the option to auto-upgrade actually works! Even for nodes on a AiMesh.

Wasn't able to get Wireguard server to work. Got the QR code setup, and tried to connect with Android app, but no luck.

Is WG client working? from gui?

@RMerlin it seems WG is out of beta (from Asus, I mean). I believe it's ok to wait it in your next release?

@RMerlin it seems WG is out of beta (from Asus, I mean). I believe it's ok to wait it in your next release?
I haven't seen the 388 source code yet, so it's impossible for me to speculate at this time.

Is WG client working? from gui?

Hi,

I have both Wireguard Clients on my MacBookPro 14” (macOS 12.5.1) and iPhone Xs Max (iOS 15.6.1) working using:
  • Wireguard 1.0.15 for macOS over my iPhone 4G Cellular hotspot
  • Wireguard 1.0.15 for iOS over my 4G Cellular connection
The FAQ on GUI Wireguard configuration page is quite straightforward:

My Asus 388.x wishlist:

A maximum of 3 concurrent VPN Tunnels possible in VPN Fusion.

Even if it‘s limited to new & powerful hardware, eg. AXE models.

Is it possible to use Asus router built in Wireguard AND PiVPN Wireguard together?

I suspect no, because UDP Port 51820 would need to forwarded to two different places; 1) the router itself if using built in Wireguard Server or 2) the device running PiVPN

Is it possible to use Asus router built in Wireguard AND PiVPN Wireguard together?

I suspect no, because UDP Port 51820 would need to forwarded to two different places; 1) the router itself if using built in Wireguard Server or 2) the device running PiVPN
Asus 388 firmware allows you to change the listening port on Wireguard. Changing the default listening port may be a good idea just as it is a good idea to change the port on OpenVPN.

Are you talking about running clients, or hosting servers?

Clients don't matter, just like your browser is able to connect to multiple website that are all on port 443. It`s only if you want to run a server that you need then to have different listening ports (or, to have a remote forwarded port different from the other running instance).

Are you talking about running clients, or hosting servers?

Clients don't matter, just like your browser is able to connect to multiple website that are all on port 443. It`s only if you want to run a server that you need then to have different listening ports (or, to have a remote forwarded port different from the other running instance).
I am referring to hosing servers. I have PiVPN server and now my router has this functionality built in.

Would be great to have both servers running just in case.

UDP 51280 is the recognized port for Wireguard.
Can this be changed to any port?

I just flashed to it and am hoping for the best.

Hi.. was someone able to activate the new device notification on this version? I searched all the settings but could not find an option to setup/enable this.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hi.. was someone able to activate the new device notification on this version? I searched all the settings but could not find an option to setup/enable this.
Any help would be appreciated.
Hi,
It is in the Asus Router App; I am using iPhone with iOS
  • Start Asus Router App where you have access to your router
  • Go to Settings icon at the bottom right
  • Scroll down to Notification Settings
  • This is how the screen looks like (I am outside of my home at the moment using Wireguard on iPhone to connect to my Router and using Asus Router App. I have no new devices and I am outside, so not able to test notification now:()

IMG_5942.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!