What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

visortgw

Very Senior Member
ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22237 66.33 MB

1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.
6. Optimized memory usage and improved system stability.
7. Fixed USB HDD compatibility issue with the Time machine.
8. Added a new web GUI login URL http://www.asusrouter.com
9. Fixed IPTV compatibility issue with Movistar. Thanks to Sergio de Luz from RedesZone.net.
10. Fixed VPN fusion, AiMesh, and Network map GUI bugs.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 35473a28901d60470fe278f3a4b67006

Download

Good timing!

Seems that I have to run 2 routers now to get my 4 WireGuard sessions.

Just bought the AX-6000 and even it is limited to two concurrent WireGuard sessions - both on 3.0.0.4.388.2xxx and the new 9.0.0.6 beta.

Glad I didn’t waste money on a triband or quadband router.

With Wifi7 routers announced by Asus, it really makes sense to continue using my trusty RT-AX88U for another 1 year.

Wifi6e scene is a big disappointment for India due to lethargic Indian govt still considering release of 6Ghz spectrum for general Wifi6e/7 use. So I have to get US models through family member in India to get 6Ghz illegally.

Frauds like TP-Link are advertising their Deco 6e devices with 6e labelling but 6Ghz disabled on amazon.in

So I am happy with this new firmware :)

Since upgrading to this FW version "3.0.0.4.388.22237" i have been seeing WiFi dropping out on all bands randomly as well as the AX88u showing as disconnected on the AiMesh page.
TS included a fresh install (including power cycle factory reset and fresh FW manual flash verified md5). However issues continue. I reverted back to previous release and it works well on it. Seems like the issue might be focused on AX88u on this FW used as Ai Mesh nodes, because while using it as standalone during TS i did not observe WiFi cutting out.
P.S - When WiFi cuts out and the node shows as DC on mesh page it is fully reachable for both managements and LAN access (ssh ping etc).
Tried to review the log from both my mesh router (AX89X) and the AX88u node but could not find any smoking guns.

Anyone else observing the same type of issue ?

Can someone tell why i am getting log spammed with gpio messages? or point me to a direction ?
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32772), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32795), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32799), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32797), gpio_num_max=320

that runs in loop continuedly after the update.

Thanks

This FW rendered my Mesh in-accessible resulting in each page taking 10+secs to load. Done all the normal power cycles and resets. For me this is another bad FW from Asus. Back to previous for me.

Since upgrading to this FW version "3.0.0.4.388.22237" i have been seeing WiFi dropping out on all bands randomly as well as the AX88u showing as disconnected on the AiMesh page.
TS included a fresh install (including power cycle factory reset and fresh FW manual flash verified md5). However issues continue. I reverted back to previous release and it works well on it. Seems like the issue might be focused on AX88u on this FW used as Ai Mesh nodes, because while using it as standalone during TS i did not observe WiFi cutting out.
P.S - When WiFi cuts out and the node shows as DC on mesh page it is fully reachable for both managements and LAN access (ssh ping etc).
Tried to review the log from both my mesh router (AX89X) and the AX88u node but could not find any smoking guns.

I have the same setup as you. What version are you running on your AX89X? I found that 3.0.0.4.386.47468 kept locking up on me after a few days, so I reverted to 3.0.0.4.386.47191. I am waiting for another release before updating my AX89X. But, now that I'm back from vacation, I will update my AX88U AI mesh nodes and see if I have the same drop outs.

Yes, mesh node connected via ethernet backhaul keeps disconnecting from router. Both router and mesh node are AX88U. I'm going back to 3.0.0.4.388_20558 firmware

I have the same setup as you. What version are you running on your AX89X? I found that 3.0.0.4.386.47468 kept locking up on me after a few days, so I reverted to 3.0.0.4.386.47191. I am waiting for another release before updating my AX89X. But, now that I'm back from vacation, I will update my AX88U AI mesh nodes and see if I have the same drop outs.
My AX89X is running 3.0.0.4.386.47468 I had not noticed any lock ups, but my device is scheduled for a weekly reboot so perhaps that's how I am avoiding it.

Yes, I am having the same problem since this firmware upgrade. AIMesh node keeps going missing and reappearing. Never had this problem before the upgrade.

My AX89X is running 3.0.0.4.386.47468 I had not noticed any lock ups, but my device is scheduled for a weekly reboot so perhaps that's how I am avoiding it.
My weekly bootup wasn't frequent enough to resolve the problem. I sometimes had lockups happening 1 to 2 days between powercycles.

On the AX88U front, no issues after 24h of installing this update. Both of my AX88U nodes have been working as usual without AI mesh (wired backhaul) or WiFi dropouts.

My weekly bootup wasn't frequent enough to resolve the problem. I sometimes had lockups happening 1 to 2 days between powercycles.

On the AX88U front, no issues after 24h of installing this update. Both of my AX88U nodes have been working as usual without AI mesh (wired backhaul) or WiFi dropouts.
I am engaged with Asus support. They put my AX89X on the 388 beta, however even then as soon as I upgraded my AX88U back to the latest GA WiFi on it started dropping and it shows up on AiMesh as DC. Hopefully Asus guys find the reason or WA soon.

Today xfinity went down and failover fallback failed on this firmware taking the house offline until I discovered what had happened and rebooted it.

Edit: I went ahead and rolled back so this doesn't happen again.

Last edited:
Anybody using AiMesh via wireless backhaul? Issues? RT AX88u hosting.
Hi, I updated my RT-AX88u, the day before yesterday and today it dropped completely.
I am using a AC-5300 as my aimesh node. I had to take it near my AX88U to reconnect again.
Hopefully it stays connected. I also noticed an issue with USB drive, I changed drives and usb cable and the issue persist. I am not able to access it and the icon on the top right is gray out.
Thank You
Mario

I can confirm that if you use dual wan leave this firmware alone. The previous version handles swapping ISP's just fine which is what I need especially while teleworking as I handle online transactions and must maintain a connection during the process or it will fail forcing me to start all over again.

Can someone tell why i am getting log spammed with gpio messages? or point me to a direction ?
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32772), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32795), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32799), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32797), gpio_num_max=320

that runs in loop continuedly after the update.

Thanks
I would like to get more information regarding this issue since I have it too.
I only see it on Remote logs.
It wasn't present on the previous firmware, it's a new issue from this new firmware.

I have also noticed that since rolling back my wireless speeds have picked back up to normal.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!