What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22237

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

The last two official releases are rock solid for my stand alone ax88u router. There is no any single issue and wifi is super fast. Asus finally did a really great job for stability and functionality and cover all my needs. The auto update is working fine.

The last two official releases are rock solid for my stand alone ax88u router. There is no any single issue and wifi is super fast. Asus finally did a really great job for stability and functionality and cover all my needs. The auto update is working fine.
They took down the update from autoupdate and only available from web page, that's a good thing, so they know about the process i mention earlier that takes 50% cpu, reverting with same settings on previous firmware I have 1% cpu.
Anyhoo if you are happy, I am happy for you...

Wireless drop out is happening on my 4 units of ET12 in AiMesh after updating to FW22127, too. So it has something to do with the firmware..,,,,

Interesting data point. I'm also having no issues with either my AX88Us, which are both used a AI Mesh nodes. it seems the issues are centralized around folks using one as the router for an AI Mesh setup.

I went back and manually downloaded the file and then flashed to it and that seems to have worked. I then tested failover fallback and it works normally but my wireless speeds are down slightly from the previous version. If I have any significant issues I'll rollback again.

For people such as me having issues with the newest firmware (I do run RT-AX88u as router in AI Mesh setup)... What firmware are you flashing back to and finding no issues. I would like to roll back but I am not sure what version to go to.

Thanks!

Last edited:
This .22237 release has been nothing but hassle for me. All seemed okay at first, but I've been suffering random "offline" node errors for the past couple of weeks. It's terrible for home automation when your wireless devices keep losing their closest access point.

Am reverting to .20558, which worked well for me in my AiMesh setup. That consists of an AX89X main running the latest beta firmware and an AX86U node in addition to the AX88U, with wired backhaul on both nodes.

Same here. 20558 will have to do for now.
Small blips in wifi, impossible to track down in logs. My AX88U is acting as node and although the blips didn't affect too many clients, it was driving me crazy if I had something to do on its coverage. I could live with it but:
kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32772), gpio_num_max=320 logs 4/seconds is the drop that filled the glass!
My syslog was flooded, 80-90% of logs were nothing but this message.

Small blips in wifi, impossible to track down in logs. My AX88U is acting as node and although the blips didn't affect too many clients, it was driving me crazy if I had something to do on its coverage. I could live with it but:
kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32772), gpio_num_max=320 logs 4/seconds is the drop that filled the glass!
Exactly, and because of that takes too much processing power crawling interface speed, this firmware is bad as i said previously.
20588 is the way to go!

I read this is related to the Kernel not loading a module correctly. TBH i go lost after the second page of reading. What i found strange is if this is a Bug in the Kernel then why only a select few reporting this being such an integral componant. Does anyone know how to find the revision number to these routers?

Can someone tell why i am getting log spammed with gpio messages? or point me to a direction ?
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32772), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32795), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32799), gpio_num_max=320
Jan 7 16:12:26 kernel: io:GET_GPIO: get val(1) from pa(32797), gpio_num_max=320

that runs in loop continuedly after the update.

Thanks
Just notice this to on remote logs but not local logs. Anyone can help too?

I can confirm that this firmware is too buggy to be used. It's not started properly the last two auto-reboots, and connections have been unreliable. I am using this for AiMesh router and nodes, and have decided to also roll back to the previous firmware which was working fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!