What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX89X Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.47468 (2022/10/18)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ameenhuus

Occasional Visitor
1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed connection issues with 64 bits WPA key.
3. Improved AiMesh stability.
4. Improved AiProtection performance.
5. Fixed Samba, busybox, httpd related vulnerabilities.
6. Upgraded Strongswan to 5.9.6.
7. Upgraded OpenVPN to 2.4.12.
8. Fixed PPPoE acceleration issues.
9. Fixed config file download issue with Firefox.
10. Fixed IPv6 related issues.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: de2c7369a47dc85d6fcee1718e27cc62

RT-AX89X - Support (asus.com)

I was not having any of the issues on the fix list. One hour in and it seems to be stable with no issues noticed.

There's no pleasing some people. :)

One item came up this morning, after about 36h on the new firmware. Randomly, the router locked up. All of the LEDs were solid white, and no devices had connection. The router has never done this before after over a year of ownership. A hard powercycle of the unit restored functionality, and things seem okay after 5h of runtime. I'll see if I can check the logs tonight. I was in a hurry to get out of the door this morning.

Figured I'd share my data, in case others have a similar occurrence.

I upgraded with a full system reboot
after 24 hours I am seeing lots of devices briefly disconnect and reconnect.
I am seeing lots of “No Network Connection” messages whilst watching Apple TV, and lots of apple home devices not responding
I am also seeing iPADs and iPhones dropping and reconnecting, which I expected was receiver threshold level, so after a quick with air port utility, I reset the threshold level to below the signal strengths, but still seeing lots of drops

I will do a power cycle of the whole system and see if this fixes things.

I just place an order for Nest Wifi Pro system and will give up on the RT AX89X mesh system and ASUS in general, which is really sad given that I have upgraded my ASUS routers every 2 to 3 years since 2013

One item came up this morning, after about 36h on the new firmware. Randomly, the router locked up. All of the LEDs were solid white, and no devices had connection. The router has never done this before after over a year of ownership. A hard powercycle of the unit restored functionality, and things seem okay after 5h of runtime. I'll see if I can check the logs tonight. I was in a hurry to get out of the door this morning.

Figured I'd share my data, in case others have a similar occurrence.
I had a freeze like yours 3h after the upgrade, while my router was runing for over 15days without any reboot on previous firmware.

I am still on this last firmware and no problem seen since 2days. Maybe just a bad luck. I'll give it more time to see.

Less than 3days running since first freeze, and i had a second freeze. I revert back to 386.47191, i'll see later if i ll give a second chance to 386.47468

What's your 'need' for WG?

Doesn't OpenVPN offer the same or better for you?

What's your 'need' for WG?

Doesn't OpenVPN offer the same or better for you?
In the Russian Federation, Roskomnadzor blocks the OpenVpn protocol at the provider level. The Wireguard protocol is not yet blocked, and in terms of its speed characteristics it is much better.

this are bad news!
this mean that the next version will be a 386 version, and not a 388
:-(

this is one of the powerfull asus routers, and will not receive the 388 soon, :-(
Hope always dies last. Let's hope for the best that these shirtty programmers will write 388 firmware for our router with support for Wireguard and VPN Fusion. A lot of money was laid out for this router, but there was no support. This was the last Asus router I bought!

Hope always dies last. Let's hope for the best that these shirtty programmers will write 388 firmware for our router with support for Wireguard and VPN Fusion. A lot of money was laid out for this router, but there was no support. This was the last Asus router I bought
We are very worried about random people in russian pidoration that still not received 388 firmware, keep us informed and prepare black bag ;)

Less than 3days running since first freeze, and i had a second freeze. I revert back to 386.47191, i'll see later if i ll give a second chance to 386.47468
I haven't had anymore freezes sense the first one. My router does reboot itself once a week, so that might be skewing the stability data. But, no more issues so far.

I've been using it for 7 days now and haven't experienced any problems