What's new

Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router connecting with security camera

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mdmm55

New Around Here
Friends.
Hi, I bought Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router from Amazon.
Configuration was similar to my previous TP Link Archer AC2600. So it is running with good speed and power.
But I have a different problems in connecting my Wyze Cam V3 camera with new ASUS Router.which was working fine with TP Link Archer AC2600 but router broke and I changed my Router and tried several times to connect with my Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 but failed after several tries. Kindly send all steps to connect it. I did not get any ip address too.
Requesting for help.

I created a separate 2.4ghz only SSiD for my v3's. Had issues with all IoT devices disconnecting from the network when SSiD had both 2.4ghz + 5ghz bandwidth.

after you replace a new router, does the wyze cam get a new IP address? the new IP address will show in the router.

You are right,it is due to 2.4 and 5 GHs .I am not good with pc stuff.Kindly hint ,how to separate 2.4 ghz SSiD for my two cameras, please.

Friends.
Hi, I bought Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 Router from Amazon.
Configuration was similar to my previous TP Link Archer AC2600. So it is running with good speed and power.
But I have a different problems in connecting my Wyze Cam V3 camera with new ASUS Router.which was working fine with TP Link Archer AC2600 but router broke and I changed my Router and tried several times to connect with my Asus RT-AX92U AX6100 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 6 but failed after several tries. Kindly send all steps to connect it. I did not get any ip address too.
Requesting for help.

Have you removed the cam device from the Wyze app and then add it again, enter WLAN SSID and password, scan QR code, etc.? Describe where it fails.

You do not need a different SSID for the 2.4 WLAN to add the cam to your network.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!