What's new

Release ASUS RT-AX92U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.46061 - 2022/01/20

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

why did other AC routers receive update but not this? I have two Aimesh node clients using ax92u

I understand your concerns, but based on latest developments around hardware changes in existing more popular Asus models I expect this router to be discontinued soon, if not discontinued already. It will perhaps continue getting firmware updates, but not as often as popular models.

Asus should still support us with security patches, even if they do have newer and better products.

I do not want to be forced into buying a new router when this one works fine.

I don't agree. By not updating for over a half year this router becomes a security risk.
Definitely a security risk, as the flaws in the AX92U relating to guest network that were introduced over a year ago have yet to be fixed and people are undoubtedly running back-revved waiting for a working fix.

Also, the AC86U now has new firmware as of sometime around 7/20/2022.

Asus should still support us with security patches, even if they do have newer and better products.

I do not want to be forced into buying a new router when this one works fine.
End of Sale and End of Support are distinct concepts in the IT world. Vendors generally support their products for some reasonable amount of time after they stop selling a particular model. If they didn't, they would find it difficult to sell older products once word got out that a newer version might soon be available, and they would lose customers permanently if the window from General Availability to End of Sale were to become too narrow. I bought my two AX92U gadgets about a year and a half ago; the model had just been released to good reviews. I expected it to last at least five years. If I now have to go buy something new just to get the latest CVEs fixed, I'm going to look at different vendors; as the old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."

End of Sale and End of Support are distinct concepts in the IT world. Vendors generally support their products for some reasonable amount of time after they stop selling a particular model. If they didn't, they would find it difficult to sell older products once word got out that a newer version might soon be available, and they would lose customers permanently if the window from General Availability to End of Sale were to become too narrow. I bought my two AX92U gadgets about a year and a half ago; the model had just been released to good reviews. I expected it to last at least five years. If I now have to go buy something new just to get the latest CVEs fixed, I'm going to look at different vendors; as the old saying goes, "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me."
Totally agree. Forces customers to move to an alternative brand just for security reasons if its not updated for such a long time.