What's new

ASUS RT-AX92U problem with repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

frankidem

Occasional Visitor
I connect a xiaomi repeater to my Asus rt-ax92u but i have a big problem with many disconnections of the clients that is connected to repeater and with messages with duplicates IP. My Asus router put the clients of xiaomi repeater to wired clients. Any idea?

Reboot the network. Including all client devices.

If common fixes don't give results (and nobody has any further input here for you), I would be doing a full reset at this point. The network/routers are obviously not in a good/known state.

While it isn't guaranteed to solve anything, it will at least give you a clean/fresh state to begin actual troubleshooting. And not just chasing gremlins from a series of 'dirty' upgrades.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

If the first link doesn't get your router into a good/known state, then the hardware is suspect at this point.

New doesn't mean that much.

Replace the repeater with another AX92u. You can then connect them together in AiMesh mode.

I was in a similar position when I used Wireless repeaters. I was never able to get a stable network. I don't beleive Asus is the problem here as every other consumer network I've seen with repeaters suffers from the same issues.

My AX92u mesh solved all these problems.

One thing you should definitely try first it to update the firmware on your AX92u. There was connectivity issues with the early firmware.

Last edited: