What's new

ASUS RT-AXE11000 Opinions?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

hadesflames

New Around Here
Hey everyone!

I'm wondering if any of you guys have an AXE-11000 that could share their experience and opinions of it. Mainly, do you guys think it's a really good router? One where if price is no object then it's clearly the best Asus has to offer? What do you guys think of the 6Ghz band? Is the range very good? How's the performance and stability? Do you like it despite it not going to have WRT-Merlin support? I have an AC86U which I'm quite happy with and I love Merlin but I do occasionally have issues where the wifi dies and I have to power cycle my router so that and my desire for a 6E router is why I'm looking to upgrade. I know I could probably wait for a cheaper 6E router but at the same time I really don't mind the price. What are your opinions?

Thanks!

I would wait for better WiFi 6E support (2022-23 maybe), right now it's too early yet (mid April 2021), the only clientes available are an Intel card (AX210) and Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, WPA3 support is still buggy and it looks like we are into a beta phase testing enviroment yet, unpolished drivers, poor performance etc.
I'm pretty happy with WiFi 6 right now (AX86U) for my usage (600/300Mbps FTTH ISP), and I'll wait until better drivers and a more mature 6E ecosystem.

Asus routers timeline upgrades : N56U (2010)=>AC68R (2015)=>AX86U (2020)

Folllowing my timeline above, I would upgrade in 2025, just kidding :p

Also, I would recommend reading the thread bellow:

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/w...us-gt-axe11000-rog-rapture.70706/#post-668042

Last edited:

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    107.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 1.png
    1.png
    476.5 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
I think WiFi6e is going to cause a lot of confusion and disappointment. I've already had to explain to one friend why putting a WiFi6e router in his 3 story house isn't going to give him "Gigabit WiFi".

Most people already struggle with range issues on 5Ghz, so moving to a new frequency that has even less range isgoing to cause more problems than it solves. Real world use could mean you end up with slower speeds than a good 5Ghz setup.

I think the people who will benefit from 6Ghz will be those living in apartments, to be fair they are the people that need it the most. If you live in an apartment, definitely go for WiFi6e. For houses, I think the best WiFi solution is a mesh setup that's either WiFi6 or WiFi5. Asus have a few offerings now and they are all mature enough to work well. WiFi5 is still more than good enough to serve a busy house watching 4K video streams.

I think WiFi6e is going to cause a lot of confusion and disappointment. I've already had to explain to one friend why putting a WiFi6e router in his 3 story house isn't going to give him "Gigabit WiFi".

Most people already struggle with range issues on 5Ghz, so moving to a new frequency that has even less range isgoing to cause more problems than it solves. Real world use could mean you end up with slower speeds than a good 5Ghz setup.

I think the people who will benefit from 6Ghz will be those living in apartments, to be fair they are the people that need it the most. If you live in an apartment, definitely go for WiFi6e. For houses, I think the best WiFi solution is a mesh setup that's either WiFi6 or WiFi5. Asus have a few offerings now and they are all mature enough to work well. WiFi5 is still more than good enough to serve a busy house watching 4K video streams.
Have you tried? 5 vs 6ghz. There is barely any difference in range, it can't be, simple physics, there's way more difference between 2.4 and 5ghz. 2.4ghz isn't a reaching miracle neither.
First driver, first windows version supporting it. I'm getting non stop over 1.4gb down. 35 feet away from the router on a different room. No matter which 160mhz channel I pick, all with the same good results.
Is not only that it works well, but it works way much better than the 5Ghz band ever did with 160mhz channels; as it should.
I was looking at the link speed. I don't know if is because of the buggy OS, or the nature of the band; sometimes I see very low link speeds, and still get top download speeds and perfect signal. Few minutes after switching to a new channel, the link speed seems to settle to something between 600 to 700. But it doesn't matter. This thing is really amazing. Very happy with it, since DFS is not an option in my home.
Using the Pce-AX58BT with the ax210

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
I am still dealing with some issues and still have a lot to set up and test... most of them not router related I think... the worst issue I have for now (apart from not having Merlin support) that I think I can't fix or is not config related is that DNS doesn't work, at all with my PiHole.

I can say for now that the coverage is better than my old 88X, now I have steady 5G where the other did not, everything being basically the same.

DNS doesn't work, at all with my PiHole

The explanation is here: