What's new

ASUS RT-N56U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.1665

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bozze

New Around Here
ASUS RT-N56U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.1665

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/RT-N56U/FW_RT_N56U_30043761665.zip

Network map new features :
1.System status can now show CPU and RAM usage.
2.Client status can show wireless clients signal strength.
3.Client icon is changeable.
4.Client name is changeable and parental control, QoS, manually assigned IP, static route, port forwarding client list can also refer to this name.

Security related :
1. Upgrade OpenSSL library from 1.0.0d to 1.0.0m

7,84 (MBytes) 2014.09.05 update

AiCloud

The firmware upgrade provides an enhanced interface but AiCloud ceases to function. To use AiCloud will need to revert to previous firmware 3.0.0.4.374.5656

If you use AiCloud through the mobile application make sure you update it. The new router AICloud isn't compatible with the older iOS/Android app.

Issues with firmware version: 3.0.0.4.376.1665 on RT-N65U

I had to downgrade the RT-N65U firmware from 3.0.0.4.376.1665 to version: 3.0.0.4.374_4422 because the internet connectivity started to fail intermittent. Is there any news about this? Another version to fix that?

This is the message I started to see after the update to the newer version:

"Settings have been updated. Web page will now refresh. Changes have been made to the IP address or port number. You will now be disconnected from RT-N65U. To access the settings of RT-N65U, reconnect to the wireless network and use the updated IP address and port number."

I have to say that, No changes were made to the router configuration. before or after the firmware updates.

Thanks,

Rafael

rafavillf - Clear your browser cache

If you use Firefox, clear the "offline web content and user data" under Tools>Options>Advanced>Network

I had exactly the same problem, not only the same funny text / response in my Internet browser, but in order to connect again I had to reboot the RT N56U. Never seen that before with the previous firmware and reverted back to the previous firmware 3.0.0.4.374_5656.
Curious if emptying the Firefox cash really fixes any of this.

Problem with stock firmware

Has someone tested the newest firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.3637? And does it work for you? For me the wireless internet only works intermittent. Every now and then I lose my internet connection and I have to wait for it to get established again. After a minute or two it starts to work. It has been like this on many of the other asus firmwares as well.
I would really like to use the stock firmware but right now I'm on padavan -085 firmware as it works as it should.

This firmware is working great for me so far! Best asus fw until now.

How is the WiFi performance on both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz ?

I upgraded from 3.0.0.4.374.979 to 3.0.0.4.376.3754 - should I reset the router to default settings and reconfigure it? Some update versions suggest so, but the newest one does not.

Which router are you using? If it's the RT-AC68U, I would update to the 376.3632 version which will update the boot loader, then update to the version you want.

At that point, yes, the reset to factory defaults is necessary. Along with a new ssid, or 'forget' and re-associate each and every device, and a minimal and manual setup of the router settings. When you've confirmed that the router is stable at this point, and the boot loader was updated successfully, you can add your customizations one by one testing as you go.

This firmware is working great for me so far! Best asus fw until now.

It does work very well but I have two minor complaints

1- ntp has an entry in the log every hour
2- The VPN client seems to assign a random status to connected and disconnected states. It currently has an x next to my connection even though I am connected. Sometimes it puts the checkmark if I reboot.

It's somewhat annoying but not the end of the world.

I had to reset the router as the USB printer started bugging after update. It sometimes printed only a few lines on one page, then ejected that page and continued on another. I also updated the firmware again before resetting. Let's see if the printer works now...

Has anyone else noticed similar problems?