What's new

Asus RT-N56U | New firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.5656

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mrjackson

New Around Here
ASUS RT-N56U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.5656
Security related issues:
1. Fixed remote command execution vulnerability
2. Fixed parameters buffer overflow vulnerability
3. Fixed XSS(Cross Site Scripting) vulnerability
4. Fixed CSRF(Cross Site Request Forgery) vulnerability
5. Added auto logout function. The timeout time can be configured in - Administration--> System
6. Included patches related to network map. Thanks for Merlin's contribution.
7. Fixed password disclosure in source code when adminstrator logged in.

Others:
1. Fixed IPTV related issues.
2. Modified the 3G/LTE dongle setting process in quick internet setup wizard.
3. Fixed Parental control check box UI issues.
4. Modified the FTP/ Samba permission setting UI
5. Modified media server setting UI
6. Samba/ media server/ iTunes server name can be changed.
7. Fixed wake on lan magic packet sending issue.
8. Fixed false alarm for samba and ftp permission.
9. Fixed IPv6 related issues.

Special thanks for David and Joaquim Brasil de Oliveira’s research
CVE-2014-2719 http://dnlongen.blogspot.com/2014/04/CVE-2014-2719-Asus-RT-Password-Disclosure.html
Cross Site Scripting: https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2014-2925
Remote Command Execution: https://web.nvd.nist.gov/view/vuln/detail?vulnId=CVE-2013-5948

http://www.asus.com/Networking/RTN56U/HelpDesk_Download/

Does this build fixes Comcast IPv6 spamming with neighbour solicitation packets? I know Asuswrt-Merlin (374.41) has a ip6tables to combat this problem.

Help! :)

I flashed the fw yesterday.
Some minutes ago the internet timed out on me. I couldnt reach any site. After about a minute the connection reestablished and everything started to work again. It´s always the same with these asus firmwares:/ Lately I have been trying padavan´s firmware without any issue so maybe I´ll go back to that.

Feedback?

Any feedback on this new update?
Good, Bad, Ugly?

I just updated to 5517 and everything running smooth so far.
Trying to decide to update or not to 5656.

Thanks
David

RT-N56U - better firmware

Hello guys,
I am new to this forum and I would like to ask you which firmware is better one than the one I use on this router. I have this router for more than 3 years and for whole time I was satisfied with it - actually much more than previous lynksis.

I still use old 1.0.1.8f as this one provided me until this month the best quality. Basically the router was stable, but one week ago, it started to do something like reboot of itself. However this happened 3 times only and since last problem its finally OK.

I had really bad idea to upgrade firmware to the lates available - 3.0.0.4.374.5656 - however with this I started to got much bigger issues. I have already tried one of the first versions of the version 3, but I was forced to go back as there were stabiilty issues like connection lost, wifi which was falling and simillar. I supposed that after one year situation is solved but I was wrong. Actually this was the most terrible version of firwmare I had ever used.
After 30 minutes of work via my work laptop, connection was lost. I have tried to troubleshoot it, however laptop give me only info that ping to the router over wifi is 340-500ms and after several successfull ping connection was lost. I tried simillar thing from second laptop and there was better result, however still connection was lost many times.

I use modem also for tranfer of video over wifi and LAN. Until upgrade of firware I had no troubles, but after upgrade even normal IPTV was not going smoothly as before. There was many lags and problems. Therefore I went back to the 1.0.1.8f.

I will be happy for any suggestion you can provide me.
There is not so many features which I need to have enabled, but I like possibility to connect usb modem to the router and use it for internet connection. I do not have any use for 5ghz wifi..

Thank you in advance for yoru suggestions of better firmware or newer firmware.