What's new

ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.376.1071

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi,

After upgrade firmware I have problem with the CPU usage.
All the time is 100%.

Anyone can help?

Run "top" to see what is actually using the CPU.

Are you using the same SSID for 2.4 and 5 bands?

My 2.4 ghz band SSID is different from my 5 ghz band SSID.

The 5 ghz band SSID ends with a -5G after the name

for example:

Asus for 2.4 ghz band
Asus-5G for 5 ghz band

Last edited:
Is your previous question answered?

I am still having less wireless range and strength compared to what I use to for some reason. If that's what u mean?

I guess there is something causing interference. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

Has anyone else noticed how flimsy the stand that comes with the rt-n66u is?

I would use it, but I'm afraid that it won't take much and my router would fall over lol

I've used it before and it stands up perfectly. Would of been nice to have some rubber at the base of the stand so it doesn't slide easily.

Anyone know if the N66U supports remote management? I went through every page of the firmware and can't find it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know if the N66U supports remote management? I went through every page of the firmware and can't find it.

Administration -> System

Has anyone else noticed how flimsy the stand that comes with the rt-n66u is?

I would use it, but I'm afraid that it won't take much and my router would fall over lol

It's quite solid actually. Make sure you do fully clip it in.

I thought I would try Asus 3.0.0.4.376_1071 from Merlin 374.43 on my RT-N66U and the wireless range is awful compared to Merlin's build. I did a full reset and manual set up.

One room away from the router now sees my phone's 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal strength at one bar, whereas on Merlin it was three, and 2.4 GHz is now at one/two bars, whereas it was full bars before.

There are rooms in the house where I struggle to pick up the 5 GHz signal and the 2.4 GHz is weak with Merlin's build, I now reckon I won't be able to pick up either in these locations.

Throughput doesn't seem as good either. 152 Mb broadband and YouTube kept buffering a 7:34 720p video.

Since Asus moved away from the SDK5 driver, the wireless performance seems to have gotten worse with each release, turning a great router into a not as useful router. Despite all the security updates since, I am seriously considering rolling back to the last SDK5 firmware.

I thought I would try Asus 3.0.0.4.376_1071 from Merlin 374.43 on my RT-N66U and the wireless range is awful compared to Merlin's build. I did a full reset and manual set up.

One room away from the router now sees my phone's 5 GHz Wi-Fi signal strength at one bar, whereas on Merlin it was three, and 2.4 GHz is now at one/two bars, whereas it was full bars before.

There are rooms in the house where I struggle to pick up the 5 GHz signal and the 2.4 GHz is weak with Merlin's build, I now reckon I won't be able to pick up either in these locations.

Throughput doesn't seem as good either. 152 Mb broadband and YouTube kept buffering a 7:34 720p video.

Since Asus moved away from the SDK5 driver, the wireless performance seems to have gotten worse with each release, turning a great router into a not as useful router. Despite all the security updates since, I am seriously considering rolling back to the last SDK5 firmware.

Yes the sdk5 driver rocked with the N66 not so good with sdk6. Thats why i bought the 68U also the 5 Ghz band on the 68U is awesome i can even use it in both my neighbors houses as well no problem. In fact the 5 Ghz works so well i have disabled the 2.4 Ghz band all together. :)

Yes the sdk5 driver rocked with the N66 not so good with sdk6. Thats why i bought the 68U also the 5 Ghz band on the 68U is awesome i can even use it in both my neighbors houses as well no problem. In fact the 5 Ghz works so well i have disabled the 2.4 Ghz band all together. :)

How much better is the wireless strength and throughput compared to the rt-n66u on the 68u?