What's new

Asus RT-N66u with TomatoUSB firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I haven't seen that posted anywhere else ..... can you provide a link to others with this problem ?

I haven't seen that posted anywhere else ..... can you provide a link to others with this problem ?

There's currently a bug where the generated config file is invalid (wrong mask format). Shibby is aware of it, I've seen talks about it in his support thread on Linksysinfo.org.

There is an interesting review of the various firmwares available for the RT-N66U.

Merlin's firmware has less errors compared to DDWRT / TOMATO.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...3-does-alternative-firmware-break-your-router

Hey guys, i just bought a RT-N66U yesterday and i am really excited about it. So excited i am going to ask one of you who has this firmware to post up (and/or make) a mirror. I really would like to get Tomato installed :)

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is one of those gomer requests from a person who just signed up ... =>

edit: seems like the site is up, but someone mentioned that the newest version isnt available (is this true?)

[RELEASE] v107 EN – lucky seven :)

from Shibby's page:

[RELEASE] 107

- Preliminary ChinaNet RG200E-CA support (RT-N branch, only for routers with changed CFE)

- StealthMode v0.3 (fixed turn on/off leds on RT-N16, add „leds guardian” to cru) (thx Monter)

- Gives another nice performance boost, for less than 100KB tradeoff after LZMA compression ( thx RMerlin)

- Ntfs-3g release 2013.1.13

- Increase TC_HTB_NUMPRIO to 10 (thx Toastman)

- Improvement in the appearance of the qos-classify ( thx Monter)

- Preliminary FiberHome HG320 ID/support (RT-N branch)

- Preliminary Catchtech CW-5358U ID/support ( RT-N branch)

- Add new miniVPN buildtype for router with 4MB flash

- Dnsmasq: update to 2.66TEST16 ( thx Kevin)

- Make remote HTTPS more secure ( use RSA 2048 key, use router name as CN)

- Miniupnpd: fix SIGUSR2 problem
* fix showing opened ports in GUI
* lanmask has to be present as bits

- Transmission: update to 2.77

- Busybox: revert dhcpc from BB 1.18.4 for now
* Works release/renew
* Remaining Lease Time is showing correct

- TTB: we need unzip tool

- Fix for excessive VPN logging „vpn server already running”

- 3G Modem: fix switch3g script

- Ethernet State: cosmetics changes

Is there any change for Asus RT-AC66U to be ever supported by TomatoUSB? I really miss it on my new router...

Last edited:
Is there any change for Asus RT-AC66U to be ever supported by TomatoUSB? I really miss it on my new router...

Technically: yes, it's possible.

The problem is that will require a developper to actually 1) own an RT-AC66U, and 2) have the time, and 3) have the technical skills to add it. This isn't a trivial project, there are a lot of differences related to the wireless code.

Shibby has posted update (quite recently) that there is still a lot of work with this one; (eg. some new GUI has to be written to support new 802.11ac mode).
Also, not on top of priority list.

StealthMode issue, LED turned off but never turned on

Here is my settings:

1) Administration/Scripts/Init: /usr/sbin/stealthMode off
2) Administration/Scheduler/Custom 1: Enabled, Every Day, 8:00am /usr/sbin/stealthMode off
3) Administration/Scheduler/Custom 2: Enabled, Every Day, 10:00pm /usr/sbin/stealthMode on

The issue was it turned off all LEDs at 10:00pm successfully at 10:00pm, but next day at/after 8:00am, all the LEDs were still turned off. I have to reboot the RT-N66U router to make them turned on.

The RT-N66U router was flashed with Shibby build 107, 32K.

Anybody has same problem? or What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Last edited:
[RELEASE] 108 is out

[RELEASE] 108

- Fix vsftpd rights

- Fix upnp GUI

- Miniupnpd: fix permissions to use dotted mask. Return to dotted mask in config file.

- Further optimize lzo compilation to help OpenVPN performance and This optimization gives us a 10% speed gain (thx RMerlin)

- Miniupnpd: add custom configuration textarea to GUI

- Fix reboot/logout/shutdown buttons from nas-ups page.

- Make some images smaller

- Add ebtables to all mini K26 builds.

- HTTPS remote access should now works on builds without VPN included (libssl problem)

- Fix default vlans for RG200E-CA

So ive been trying to get VLAN working like it should on mt N66U router
I need to get iptv working. It has VID 845.
But when i tried shibbys build the tagged/untagged options where grayed out so i couldn't get it to work at all really.
So i got the tip to try Toastmans builds.
But there are like 100 of them.
And i really don't know which one to pick.
What i really need working is VLAN.
I don't need a lot of USB disk features or such.

Can anyone link me to a the correct build i should use?
Or tell me its exact name.
It would be greatly appreciated.
Or if not if you can tell me how to fix the issue with grayed out options of tagged/untagged on the shibby builds.

Help is GREATLY appreciated!

2 new beta tomato builds uploaded by Victek

...I did not try it yet...

http://victek.is-a-geek.com/Repositorios/Beta_RAF/

Asus RT-N66U -------------> tomato-RT-N66U-K26USB-1.28.9013MIPSR2R1.1d-RAF-VLAN-VPN-NOCAT-LIGHTY.trx
Asus RT-N66U -------------> tomato-RT-N66U-K26USB-1.28.9013MIPSR2R1.1e-RAF-VLAN-VPN-NOCAT-LIGHTY.trx**

** microcom utility to send AT commands to your 3G modem (RT-N66U only).

_ Network Traffic Congestion Control (Look at the bottom of QoS Basic menu).
_ OpenSSl release 1.1c
_ Ext3 filesystem OOM (Out of Memory) issue fixed.
_ Captive Portal (Nocat) Operation fixed.
_ Bandwidth Limiter (using TC Shaping) fixed.
_ MicroSD available has Multi Flash Reader unit (RT-N66U). Write Speed 1.5MB/sec, Read Speed 7MB/sec (Class 10 MicroSD).
_ BusyBox ... 1.20.4 release.
_ VLAN .. Up to 16 VLAN.
_ IGMP Proxy ... TCP and UDP (for IPTV).
_ VWIFI .. (Virtual Wireless) Up to three additional wireless SSID per each radio device.
_ IP Traffic ... Down/Upload rate per each IP in the LAN.
_ PPTP (VPN) Client/Server.
_ New RAF logo.

** How to use microcom utility?
1st. Discover the tty id of your device. From telnet type: root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# cat /proc/tty/drivers
2nd. Once dicovered run microcom by typing:
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# microcom -t 5000 -s 115200 /dev/tty00
at
OK
at%imei
346875885****

What is inside of the beta release?

_ You may see Lighttpd 1.4.32 + PCRE 8.32 + PHP 5.4.13 + libiconv 1.14 traces and binaries.. WIP, not finished yet.
_ You may see siproxd 0.8.1 traces and binaries, WIP, not finished yet.
_ You may see libosip 2.4.0.0 traces and binaries, WIP, not finished yet
_ You may see Nodog Captive Portal 0.9_beta 9.9.6, WIP, not finished yet. It will replace Nocat, why? Bandwidht limiter add.
_ You may see Freeradius 2.2.0 binaries, WIP, not finished yet.
_ You may see iptables 1.4.18 traces and new rules.
_ You may see some strange stuff with tmp directories and crypto utilities, WIP ...
_ You may see a users and groups folder.. it's intended to create different user access and groups...

Last edited:
victek's

tomato-RT-N66U-K26USB-1.28.9013MIPSR2R1.1f-RAF-VLAN-VPN-NOCAT-LIGHTY.trx

now "f" version is uploaded.

Updating from .105 to .109 does not work ,,,,

Hello , I have Tomato f/w .105 on my Asus and tried to update to the .109 from
the web-GUI. Everything looked ok but I still have the .105 f/w after the update. Ran wired cooected pc and powered off/on the router. Do I need to update using the Asus restore utility ?
Update : used the Asus restore utility to update the firmware. Has anyone updated without any problems ?

Last edited: