What's new

Asus Tuf-Ax3000 network topology for a specific demand

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

GalDa

New Around Here
I have a number of Asus Tuf-Ax3000 configured exactly the same with the same SSID and router functionality. Each is part of a dedicated product including a router, laptop, and endpoint wireless device.
I am trying to find a configuration (Topology) that will allow me to run all of them on the same network with a minimal number of changes and without any master-slave related configuration.
Basically, so that a single router acts as a DHCP router and the others as switches.

How can that be achieved with the best, minimum changes? I mean keeping for each product the functionality and the ability to work by himself and also support a configuration running couple of routers at the same time?

Basically, so that a single router acts as a DHCP router and the others as switches.

Try AiMesh configuration. The Nodes will copy your Router's settings for Wi-Fi. All network devices will get IP addresses from the Router's DHCP server.

For the AIMesh configuration, I need to designate one of them as the Master, correct? There isn't an automagical way to configure all of them as nodes with identical settings (Can they even function independently as standard routers in this setup?) and ensure that when I activate the others, everything will operate smoothly without issues and not perform suicide?

For the AIMesh configuration, I need to designate one of them as the Master, correct?

Yes, the one with ISP connection.

There isn't an automagical way to configure all of them as nodes with identical settings

The nodes copy main router's Wi-Fi settings, there is no individual configuration.

Can they even function independently as standard routers in this setup?

They will function as access points (wired AiMesh) or repeaters (wireless AiMesh).

and ensure that when I activate the others, everything will operate smoothly

Turning parts of your network on/off may create issues. Leave it running 24/7 instead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!