What's new

Asus TUF-AX3000 V2 slow upload speed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lewenhaupt

Occasional Visitor
Hello Everyone,

I see that a lot of people here knows about routers a lot so I think that you will give me the best help. I have TUF AX3000 V2 router and internet with 1G Download and 1G Upload. On the ZTE Router provided by ISP UP and DOWN are around 950M. But on the AX3000 its 930/20 and I will be real - I feel scammed. Can someone maybe point me to which settings I need to change?
BR
Bartosz

If you're only getting 20 Mbps upload then there's something seriously misconfigured on the router. I suspect that the QoS settings are incorrect. The quickest way to check would be to go to Adaptive QoS - QoS and turn off QoS. Then go to Administration - Privacy and Withdraw from any licence agreements that are active. Reboot and then test the speed again.

After verifying you've withdrawn from all privacy agreements, did you reboot the router?

QoS is turned off and the router was rebooted after withdrawal. But weird thing is - when I do Internet Test in router it's more less 930/940. But when I do test on Speedtest.net and upload file to google drive for test - it's way slower

Here are the speeds done one after another

Attachments

• Router speed.png
    Router speed.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 132
  • Speedtest.net.png
    Speedtest.net.png
    50.3 KB · Views: 135
Are you connected to the router by ethernet of Wi-Fi? Have you tested from different clients?

Are you using a VPN?

I've tested speeds on ethernet on my PC and with WIFI on my Mac. With WiFi its 100/100 on Asus router and 550/650 on ZTE router

Okay so I've downloaded speedtest app for mac and both routers now give me 700/700 speeds. So I don't know whats the difference between ethernet connections if I use the same cable, same port and everything

For Wi-Fi connections, maybe you've enabled Wireless Smart Connect and your client was connecting to the 2.4 GHz band rather than 5 GHz. Disable Smart Connect, give each band different SSIDs and connect to the 5 GHz SSID.

I'm connected to 5GHz so it's fine. I just wonder at this point why is it that WiFi has normal speeds and is even faster than ISP Router and ethernet is such a cr*p

So I dont have another cable that long to connect my PC to but I've connected the same cable to my work ThinkPad and got 750 UP. So what may be the problem with my PC if one router gets 940/940 and the second one 940/20

So I dont have another cable that long to connect my PC to but I've connected the same cable to my work ThinkPad and got 750 UP. So what may be the problem with my PC if one router gets 940/940 and the second one 940/20
Maybe you have some security software installed that doesn't like the change. Your PC's IP probably changes when you connect to the Asus. The Asus default is 192.168.50.x, your ZTE is probably different. Also, if you're using Windows, check that your PC's network connection is still Private/Home and hasn't changed to Public.

As for security I'm security engineer and besides my brain windows defender in win11 is perfectly capable. Yeah the ZTE is using 1.x and I need to check the public connection. Does that influence the speeds?

EDIT:
Changed to private and still its only 6mbps upspeed

Last edited:
But when I do test on Speedtest.net and upload file to google drive for test - it's way slower
Do you upload file to google drive at the same time as you run speedtest?

So far everything you've said seems to indicate a problem with this one PC. Can you boot it up with a Live Linux DVD/USB to determine whether or not it's an issue the operating system?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!