What's new

ASUS TUF-AX5400 with NextDNS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ChaoscripT

Regular Contributor
Hi,
I have ASUS TUF-AX5400 Router with Firmware 3.0.0.4.388_23285,
I started to use NextDNS, with their IPv4 IPs, since my router don't support Merlin Firmware I can't use CLI.

Now under the NextDNS logs/analytics, I see that all the traffic comes from my external IPv4 that it's true, but how I can see which traffic/requestes comes from which devices?
To my router connect multiple devices.

Regards.

Hi,
I have ASUS TUF-AX5400 Router with Firmware 3.0.0.4.388_23285,
I started to use NextDNS, with their IPv4 IPs, since my router don't support Merlin Firmware I can't use CLI.

Now under the NextDNS logs/analytics, I see that all the traffic comes from my external IPv4 that it's true, but how I can see which traffic/requestes comes from which devices?
To my router connect multiple devices.

Regards.

Your router is supported by Gnuton that is a fork of Merlin firmware covering some of the routers Merlin does not but it's the same firmware.

Your router is supported by Gnuton that is a fork of Merlin firmware covering some of the routers Merlin does not but it's the same firmware.

What's the different between Gnuton and Merlin?

With Merlin I know that can install NextDNS CLI (or something else) file, I can do it with Gnuton?
With this file it will show me devices with the requests?

Regards.

What's the different between Gnuton and Merlin?

With Merlin I know that can install NextDNS CLI (or something else) file, I can do it with Gnuton?
With this file it will show me devices with the requests?

Regards.

I don't know anything about CLI but yes Gnuton is the exact same firmware as Merlin.

Same core features, yes.

Exact same as RMerlin, no.

Each developer will uniquely get to the same effective point, but using their own skills, tricks and coding.

Same core features, yes.

Exact same as RMerlin, no.

Each developer will uniquely get to the same effective point, but using their own skills, tricks and coding.

He is using Merlin's exact code taken from Github. There are no features Gnuton has removed so yes it's 99% the same.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!