What's new

Asus warranty question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for the links, both @CaptainSTX and @L&LD! I may have a blurry mind and eyes at this point, so forgive me for this question: those suggestions for starting from scratch appear to overlap. Should I follow one of them (e.g. Nuclear Reset) over the other two, or follow more than one in a particular order?

Second question, pertaining more closely to the warranty issue. It sounds like many have had trouble with Asus support. I tried their tech support a couple of years ago for a laptop and gave up on them. I did buy the SquareTrade four-year warranty from Amazon for this unit. Would it perhaps be more useful to let the Asus warranty run out in a couple of months and go through SquareTrade? Just curious if you or anyone else reading this has found it very worthwhile to go through Asus returns--I have seen only negative comments on that.

Square trade is an option if you are willing to wait until your ASUS warranty expires. If you utilize that option you will get cash and if you don't want to try another ASUS router you will have the option to purchase whatever you want.

If you want to go this route be sure you have another router to use in the meantime as even with SquareTrade you will have to send the router to them and then wait for them to try to repair it. If they can't repair it then they will cut you a check.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!