What's new

Asus web interface blocking access to dsl modem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Facsi

Occasional Visitor
Hi all, new here.

Is there an option to disable asus router's page redirection?
My issue is the following:
I have a double nat setup. I have a DSL modem from the ISP that the only option is to use it in router mode. And I actually prefer it that way for a few reasons.
I am using a AC68U. I setup a static IP address (192.168.2.2) because i was getting some weird disconnect issues with it. I sometimes have to reboot the ac68 to fix the problem.

Hosts --- 192.168.1.1 AC68U (192.168.2.2) --- ISP modem 192.168.2.1

Sometimes my connection drops and I have to access the ISP modem on (192.168.2.1) to reboot or check real internet status but Asus router keeps redirecting me to a page telling me that there is no internet access! (I know that. I am trying to fix and you are not letting me to. LOL)
Is there a way to disable that?
Im on latest merlin version.
Thanks!

Hi all, new here.

Is there an option to disable asus router's page redirection?
My issue is the following:
I have a double nat setup. I have a DSL modem from the ISP that the only option is to use it in router mode. And I actually prefer it that way for a few reasons.
I am using a AC68U. I setup a static IP address (192.168.2.2) because i was getting some weird disconnect issues with it. I sometimes have to reboot the ac68 to fix the problem.

Hosts --- 192.168.1.1 AC68U (192.168.2.2) --- ISP modem 192.168.2.1

Sometimes my connection drops and I have to access the ISP modem on (192.168.2.1) to reboot or check real internet status but Asus router keeps redirecting me to a page telling me that there is no internet access! (I know that. I am trying to fix and you are not letting me to. LOL)
Im on latest merlin version.
Thanks!
Basically the router has lost connection to the modem, thus it says no internet. It doesn't see the modem at the other end.

There are 2 issues going on:
1) For some reason this 68u loses connection to the modem

2) When I have a ISP problem that i need to access the modem, i still cannot.

I am trying to fix the second to then look whats going on to fix the first.

There are 2 issues going on:
1) For some reason this 68u loses connection to the modem

2) When I have a ISP problem that i need to access the modem, i still cannot.

I am trying to fix the second to then look whats going on to fix the first.
Can you access the IP camera or no...?

When I have a ISP problem that i need to access the modem, i still cannot.
Sounds like you will have to hard code an 192.168.2.x IP on your PC/Laptop to access your modem by directly connecting to it.

There must be other underlying issues if your router keeps loosing connection to your modem.

Administration > System > Basic config:

U4E9lgq.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!