What's new

Solved ASUS WPS Reset Guide

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Can someone kindly post some step by step instruction as to how to do this on the GT-AX6000 as it is not listed on the official guise page referenced above? Many thanks in advance for any help.

Okay, this is how I reset the GT-AX6000.

1. Turn router power off. Wait at least 10 seconds before proceeding.
2. Press and hold WPS button (on front panel).
3. Turn power back on.
4. The power light comes on (of course). When the power light goes off, you can release the WPS button and turn off power again. Again, wait at least 10 seonds before proceeding.
5. Turn the router power back on.
6. Wait for lights to stabilize, internet light should be red of course.
7. Go to IP address of router (or use router.asus.com), and re-configure your router.

Don't think that I missed anything important *smile*.

Yes, many days before. Almost two weeks before I posted that (over 5 months ago) now. :)

I've seen the (above) WPS Button reset method work on routers when the Reset Button method or the GUI method didn't (fully reset them).

It is by far the preferred method. But personally, when I reset a router, I use all three (and usually flash the same firmware I want the router to use, in between the resets).

Okay, this is how I reset the GT-AX6000.

1. Turn router power off. Wait at least 10 seconds before proceeding.
2. Press and hold WPS button (on front panel).
3. Turn power back on.
4. The power light comes on (of course). When the power light goes off, you can release the WPS button and turn off power again. Again, wait at least 10 seonds before proceeding.
5. Turn the router power back on.
6. Wait for lights to stabilize, internet light should be red of course.
7. Go to IP address of router (or use router.asus.com), and re-configure your router.

Don't think that I missed anything important *smile*.
Thanks for that. Very helpful indeed. Felt like it took ages before the power LED went off whilst holding the WPS button but it seems to have worked.

A proper reset guide looks far more professional in 21 steps with sufficient time to rethink your actions in between.
Resetting a router should not required some kind of driving licence test , Cant wait until manufacturers start selling devices with 1 button that you press to reset said device.:)

Last edited:
Resetting a router should not required some kind of driving licence test Cant wait until manufacturers start selling devices with 1 button that you press to reset said device.:)
After all, every Asus router already has a reset button. :D

The Hard Factory Reset does not always work for the AX86U.

Last edited:
The Hard Factory Reset does not always work for the AX86U.

Yes, especially when there is a partition change between the two firmware versions. Use the safer Reset button, do Initialize after the router boots.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!