What's new

Release Asus XT8 - 3.0.0.4.386.43181 - 2021/06/17

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bumping an old thread here, but has ANYONE got a stable XT8 mesh network with wireless backhaul, on ANYTHING other than 42095?

It's utterly ridiculous (and appalling) that everyone is stuck on a firmware release that is 8 months old and 4 versions out of date.

Bumping an old thread here, but has ANYONE got a stable XT8 mesh network with wireless backhaul, on ANYTHING other than 42095?

It's utterly ridiculous (and appalling) that everyone is stuck on a firmware release that is 8 months old and 4 versions out of date.
I am using the beta firmware - 9.0.1.4.386_46197_gfc5aa34_nodpi and it seems to work quite well. You can find it in some of the older threads, if you're interested.

Each version after 42095 has the issue with re-keying on backhaul connection (AP mode). I gave up - set 86400 for "Group Key Rotation Interval" and for now I have backhaul traffic loss only once a day... It seems that this issue affects only AP mode (in router mode I couldn't reproduce it), so I really doubt that Asus will fix the issue anytime soon. So, what's left is to wait for Synology RT6600ax to release.

I have not been able to move away from 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7. Every time I try, several IoT devices start to disconnect and my wife's cellphone wifi connection goes to !@#@#!%$

I've tried every single firmware that has come out since 42095. The only thing I haven't is the beta firmware mentioned by @ThatGuyinNC

I had a pretty stable set up with 45898, but upgraded to 45934, which worked well for a week then began suffering backhaul drops to 2.4ghz. I do think ASUS could could do better here, but there are an awful lot of people who admit defeat on the first restart after upgrade

Still on 42095 for ZenWiFi as well in AP mode, using an RT-AX86U on 45934 as my "wired" router. ZenWiFi is stable on 42095, and fully up-to-date 86U facing the internet is a nice combination until Asus puts out more stable new firmware for the ZenWiFi AX.

Been working well for some time. I did try the Beta mentioned above (46197), and it seemed okay. Except the statistical traffic analysis feature didn't work, and I do enjoy keeping track of that *smile*.

Small update here. I've decided to test the latest beta (9.0.0.4.386_57317) as long as multiple people say that it is stable for them. Surprisingly it fixed wireless backhaul issues for me o_O. At least "AP mode related" wireless backhaul issues.

Small update here. I've decided to test the latest beta (9.0.0.4.386_57317) as long as multiple people say that it is stable for them. Surprisingly it fixed wireless backhaul issues for me o_O. At least "AP mode related" wireless backhaul issues.
Where did you get 9.0.0.4.386_57317 from?

Thanks for the note. How's the stability generally?

I have a XT8 mesh with wireless backhaui and Sky Q mini boxes, direct connected to XT8s via ethernet. With any firmware other than 42095, the Sky Q minis lock up and I lose the picture ever hour or two. Basically completely unworkable.

42095 is rock solid and I can watch TV for months on end without a glitch. But I am concerned that from a security perspective, it's not cool running nearly 1 year old, unpatched firmware in your router.

Thanks for the note. How's the stability generally?

I have a XT8 mesh with wireless backhaui and Sky Q mini boxes, direct connected to XT8s via ethernet. With any firmware other than 42095, the Sky Q minis lock up and I lose the picture ever hour or two. Basically completely unworkable.

42095 is rock solid and I can watch TV for months on end without a glitch. But I am concerned that from a security perspective, it's not cool running nearly 1 year old, unpatched firmware in your router.
I don't have any issues with 9.0.0.4.386_57317 beta firmware so far. Backhaul is rock solid, no issues with devices' connectivity (actually, I've never had issues with devices connecting to XT8, only with backhaul traffic loss every hour).