What's new

Release Asus XT8 - 3.0.0.4.386.43181 - 2021/06/17

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RT-AX95Q_9.0.3.4_386_43184-ge5e8d6c_nodpi_cferom_puresqubi

42095 works 160MHz, at 43184 160MHz is not working. It connected on 80MHz

Attachments

• 43184 vs 42095.png
    43184 vs 42095.png
    238.6 KB · Views: 167
42095 works 160MHz, at 43184 160MHz is not working. It connected on 80MHz
hopefully if Raven76 is in some sort of contact with the Devs he can pass it along and maybe they can fix it so we can have a solid new firmware lol Dreams can be wished apon

I had just bought the XT8 and after a successful setup and test I immediately upgraded the firmeware. I then lost the wireless connection between router and node using 43181. Installed an older firmware (the one before beta if I remember correctly. I tried seven different) on node made the connection stable but thats not good enough in my book. Also I had trouble with iOS wifi connections when connected to node (with old firmware). iOS units lost all speed in both directions. My Mac worked great on wireless however. I jumped ship by returning the product and replaced with Orbi RBK752 and that was a success from the beginning and still is. I liked ASUS web and phone app better but it is what it is.

FYI I upgraded to 3.0.0.4.386.43181 yesterday and it has been dreadful. I run Sky Q mini boxes around the house, connected to XT8 satellites via Ethernet. And the satellites using wireless backhaul to the main XT8 router.

All of the Sky mini boxes would lose the picture every 10 to 20 minutes, making watching TV impossible. No amount of rebooting or fiddling with settings would fix this. All would seem well for 10 mins or so, and then I'd lose the picture again.

In desperation I have downgraded all the XT8s to 3.0.0.4.386.42095 and now they all work perfectly again.

All in all, it's taken hours of my weekend to get this sorted, so I am pretty &&&&ed off about it to be honest. Another weird thing - I found I couldn't easily log in to the UI with 3.0.0.4.386.43181 either. It wouldn't connect reliably (over ethernet) and needed me to refresh on the browser, clear cookies and cache repeatedly just to log in. Again, no such problems with 3.0.0.4.386.42095.

Asus is screwing around with the download page. As of right now, 43181 appears with no description and dated 2021/08/11, and 42095 appears (hidden) with description and the same date. 43181 previously had a description and was dated 2021/06/29 or close to it. A few weeks ago, they provided a BIOS update for my motherboard, silently withdrew it after a few days, and recently reinstated the exact same file. What's going on with these guys?

They're human?

Asus is screwing around with the download page. As of right now, 43181 appears with no description and dated 2021/08/11, and 42095 appears (hidden) with description and the same date. 43181 previously had a description and was dated 2021/06/29 or close to it. A few weeks ago, they provided a BIOS update for my motherboard, silently withdrew it after a few days, and recently reinstated the exact same file. What's going on with these guys?
If you choose driver&tools and choose dropdown windows 10, you can see the description for both

They also seem to have also dropped the releases between 42095 and 43181. Because they're all buggy? Or possibly just some transient state while they post new firmware *smile*?

I've actually gone back to 26044, since 42095 doesn't like my Apple TV 4K 2021 box. Fills up the log with the good old "not mesh client, can't update it's ip" debug messages, makes the log pretty useless. Tried everything I could think of to get rid of that message, even gave the Apple TV a static address, 42095 just can't abide that Apple TV. Didn't have that problem before I got the Apple TV, so it goes.

I first went back to 25790 from 42095, but realized that was last year. At least 26044 is this year, and works equally well for me. Not AiMesh 2.0, but so it goes. Functionally the ZenWiFi is working great, a little back-rev on the security fixes, but you can't have everything *smile*. I still have hopes that Asus can put out a decent AiMesh 2.0 release.

Now the description is restored on the BIOS & Firmware page, but the bumped dates remain, and there's still just the two versions, 42095 and 43181, both dated 2021-08-11. The 43181 .zip files compare different, but the firmware inside compare identical. Just screwing around like I said. lol

The date is most likely from the CMS, not the file itself. If a file is uploaded today, then it will automatically inherit today's date.

Using a continuous ping, I've determined that my AIMesh node is briefly dropping the wireless connection at 17 minutes past the hour, every hour, which explains why Kodi has been consistently glitching at those times, as I have my file server connected to the node. In the 43170 thread, they attributed it to the "Group Key Rotation Interval":

I haven't tested shorter intervals as that guy did, but it sounds like the same problem. Still no fix. Sad.

I turned off the node and substituted my Netgear R6700v3 configured as a wireless bridge, and no more 10-15 seconds of packet loss at hourly intervals. So it's definitely a bad interaction between the XT8 router and XT8 node. For $500, Asus needs to do a lot better than this. Ridiculous. The downside to the Netgear is that it's less than half the speed of the XT8 node, with transfers around 40 MB/sec.

Did you report your experience to Asus with the router's feedback web-page?
If you didn't, please do it!

It provides feedback, not support.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!