What's new

ASUS ZenWifi AX XT8 - 2.4GHz Band Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

caf6916

New Around Here
Searched threads and have not found this exact issue. If it's there somewhere, apologies for yet another post.

Purchased the 2 pack in February and have been running it for about 4 weeks. Last week my family and I started noticing that the 2.4GHz band would lose internet connectivity. Devices remain connected to the network but they are not connecting to the internet (connection shows on devices as Internet Unavailable). We can switch over to the 5GHz band can connect to the internet with no issues. I can reboot and it appears to solve the issue for a day or 2. I have written ASUS but have not received a response yet. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found any solutions?

ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 - Running in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default) configuration with Firmware v.386.

Last edited:
Searched threads and have not found this exact issue. If it's there somewhere, apologies for yet another post.

Purchased the 2 pack in February and have been running it for about 4 weeks. Last week my family and I started noticing that the 2.4GHz band would lose internet connectivity. Devices remain connected to the network but they are not connecting to the internet (connection shows on devices as Internet Unavailable). We can switch over to the 5GHz band can connect to the internet with no issues. I can reboot and it appears to solve the issue for a day or 2. I have written ASUS but have not received a response yet. Is anyone else experiencing this and if so, have you found any solutions?

ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 - Running in Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default) configuration with Firmware v.386.

Did you reset the firmware before configuring it?

OE

Did you reset the firmware before configuring it?

OE
Firmware was updated when I set it up 4 weeks ago. I had an issue with the initial configuration and had to factory reset and start over. Has been fine since then until last week.

Do you enable Guest Network 1 ?

Firmware was updated when I set it up 4 weeks ago. I had an issue with the initial configuration and had to factory reset and start over. Has been fine since then until last week.

Are you using a USB 3.0 device connected to the router?

Do you have any cordless devices operating on the 2.4 GHz frequencies?

Have you inspected the router log for clues at the time of trouble?

Have you monitored your 2.4 WLAN signal with a WiFi Analyzer app to notice any unusual signal behavior?

For reference:

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE

Are you using a USB 3.0 device connected to the router?

Do you have any cordless devices operating on the 2.4 GHz frequencies?

Have you inspected the router log for clues at the time of trouble?

Have you monitored your 2.4 WLAN signal with a WiFi Analyzer app to notice any unusual signal behavior?

For reference:

Reset FAQ
Reset Button/webUI Restore
WPS Button Hard Reset

OE
Nothing connected via USB. No cordless devices to speak of. I looked at the log and didn't see anything remarkable. It doesn't appear to be a signal issue as we continue to see full signal strength, just that the internet becomes unavailable. Connected with no internet.

In professional setting, please disable universal beamforming and you may try changing your wifi channel either 1,6 or 11.

Nothing connected via USB. No cordless devices to speak of. I looked at the log and didn't see anything remarkable. It doesn't appear to be a signal issue as we continue to see full signal strength, just that the internet becomes unavailable. Connected with no internet.

Is the Internet disconnect confined to 2.4 clients on the same one node? If so, you could swap node roles to see if the issue moves with the hardware.

OE

I am experiencing the same issue and this is not the first time. I bought the routers in January and was originally running 3.0.0.4.386_26044 and for the most part that was pretty solid, however some 2.4 Ghz devices would "not connect" to the Internet although they showed connected. When I upgrade the firmware to 3.0.0.4.386_41793 it made that problem worse and all of my 2.4 Ghz eventually were dropped and would not connect to the Internet. I most recently upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386_42095 which made everything not work, so I factory reset and reloaded 3.0.0.4.386_42095 and the router has been rock solid until this week. I have noticed a handful of 2.4 Ghz devices have start to not have Internet access although they are showing as connected. I have "Universal Beaming" disabled and I have tried to just set the channels to 1, 6, and 11 and that has not helped my issue. I really don't want to have to do a factory reset monthly for this router to work with the 2.4 Ghz devices. Any other suggestions on what I could try or am I just stuck until they release another firmware update?

These are my settings, that solved my problems with 2'4-only devices, and with old ones:

1618044163987.png

In "general":

1618044442080.png

In "system" altough yo don't use a HD:

1618044282492.png

No problems at all now.

Attachments

• 1618044231193.png
    1618044231193.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 276
I have done the above and most devices are staying connected now. My only issue I appear to be having at the moment is 3 WiFi camera's that will not stay connected. I can reboot the router and they will connect, but will lose connection shortly after that. I'd love to hardwire these like the reset of mine, but can't get an ethernet cable to those locations.

I just had to register to talk about this, so I have tried every possible configuration and always come up with the same issue. 2.4ghz throughput is terrible.....max 5-10mbps down even when showing connected at 300mbps. Funny thing is up is 50mbps ?? I have been on to Asus who don't care, and have told me to return via the retailer as it must be a hardware fault. I ordered via eBay and no response back as yet.

This is an issue alot of owners have when you dig a little..... Someone said they had a tech guy look into the logs and it looks like IP addresses are incorrectly given to all devices on 2.4ghz that causes some sort of loop ???? I don't know the ins and outs but I can't see this issue being resolved if Asus won't admit the problem

I'm having the same issue. Every 48-hours or so my 2.4Ghz network on XT8 mesh just totally shirts the bed. Devices drop off and I can't seem to get it back working for love nor money. Reboot doesn't do anything, just have to basically wait it out which is ridiculous. All my IoT devices are on this band, so you can imagine that makes the rest of the family thrilled when the lights stop working.

Am on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43181, and really don't want to (or expect to have to) reset the router every couple of days. Did anyone with this problem ever figure it out? When things are working, they're great! Blazing fast speeds - couldn't be happier. But this is a persistent problem that has me considering a move to a different brand...

I'm having the same issue. Every 48-hours or so my 2.4Ghz network on XT8 mesh just totally shirts the bed. Devices drop off and I can't seem to get it back working for love nor money. Reboot doesn't do anything, just have to basically wait it out which is ridiculous. All my IoT devices are on this band, so you can imagine that makes the rest of the family thrilled when the lights stop working.

Am on firmware 3.0.0.4.386_43181, and really don't want to (or expect to have to) reset the router every couple of days. Did anyone with this problem ever figure it out? When things are working, they're great! Blazing fast speeds - couldn't be happier. But this is a persistent problem that has me considering a move to a different brand...
Did you have setup guest network?

yes, i have a couple of guest networks setup. this is how i have things currently:

Devices SSID - 2.4GHz + 5GHz
IoT SSID - 2.4GHz guest network
Guest SSID - 5GHz guest network
Try turn it all off. I think guest network still not stable if disabled intranet.

I have the same issue - 2.4Ghz was stable for a long time - then tried to force it to 1,6 or 11 to avert some bluetooth issues - even now when I have reset everything back to how it was the 2.4 network is useless - a variety of devices drop off constantly - ESP IOT devices, Tesla Powerwall, robot vacuum. Very annoying - two xt8s with ethernet backhaul - 2.4 on both seems flakey. Actually seems to drop out constantly so devices fall off the network.

I have the same issue - 2.4Ghz was stable for a long time - then tried to force it to 1,6 or 11 to avert some bluetooth issues - even now when I have reset everything back to how it was the 2.4 network is useless - a variety of devices drop off constantly - ESP IOT devices, Tesla Powerwall, robot vacuum. Very annoying - two xt8s with ethernet backhaul - 2.4 on both seems flakey. Actually seems to drop out constantly so devices fall off the network.
Yup. I never managed to resolve it so returned the XT8s and switched to Ubiquiti Unifi. Been solid ever since.