What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thanks for this. Man that's a lot of technical adjustments. Mine is pretty much stock. I don't need anything special. Currently running my old router. When I try this again I'll start playing with some of these settings.

One thing I did find just recently. I enabled Parental Controls - Web & Apps Filters to try and protect my grandson. within 8 hours the router crashed. Rebooted it and again it crashed. I disabled Parental Controls - Web & Apps Filters and it has been rock solid for over a week now. At first I thought it was the Parental Controls - Time Scheduling that was causing the crash but that's been enabled on 3 devices and working flawlessly.

My XT8 is great for 2 weeks.. then the remote node starts losing signal and dropping out. If I place it beside the router node, it still has a weak signal. This is fresh out of the box flashed to 22068.

This now happened again at week 4 of owning it. annoying. I flashed the remote to 21099 and I guess I will see how that works.
So far this combination has been rock solid.

Had nothing but trouble with 3.0.0.4.388.21617 and 3.0.0.4.388.22068.
Finally did this:
  • kept main router at 22068
  • downgraded other node to 21099
Last 24 hours have been seemingly stable.
Would speculate they introduced regression with 21617 _on repeaters_
I did try other node on 21101 but that didn't work out too well

thank you very much s_vald,

I'm also using mesh with 2 nodes. The Backhaul Connection is wireless and with the latest updates it was very unstable, the second node was non stop blue led blinking and in the syslog were many messages :
  • BHC: WiFi connection status change
  • BHC: Disconnected from CAP
  • MISC: wifi upstream is connected, and disconnected from CAP.
I've tried everything, even liming the the bandwidth of 5Ghz-2 to 20Mhz and probing every channel from 100 to 140, but with no luck.

So after i've read your post i've did the same:
  • kept main node at 3.0.0.4.388_22068
  • downgraded second node to 3.0.0.4.388_21099
I didn't reset anything and I've set BHC back to optimal - the bandwidth of 5Ghz-2 is 160Mhz with auto channel.

Now the BHC is stable and there are no more strange massages in the syslog.
update:
Unfortunately using this combination (main-22068, node-21099) I've had issues again - once per week the mesh disconnects and the second node just hangs (blinking blue light and no messages in the syslog). I've downgraded the second node to 386_49873, but the situation was the same.
I've switched to ASUSWRT-Merlin as the firmware on the second node and I was back to the old well known issue - sometimes the node changes the BHC from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz and stays with it.
I've finally changed the country to #a on this node using a script from francoism90 and executing it on init-start.

My current configuration is:
  • main node is Asuswrt 3.0.0.4.388_22068
  • second node is asuswrt-merlin.ng 3.0.0.4.386.07_2-gnuton1 with
    • regrev=0
    • ccode=#a
    • country_code=#a
    • reg_mode=off
After a month of using it I've no issues - the BHC is using only 5Ghz-2 with 160Mhz without a single drop, so I'll probably stay with this versions and settings for a long time.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!