What's new

Release ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slrt

Regular Contributor
ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22068 47.65 MB
This version of firmware is only applicable to ZenWIFI XT8 of V1 version hardware, please check the product label before utilizing. You can check the hardware version from the product SN label or box label.

1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: 44d14ee9510fa384c6b553dd4c097718

===

ASUS ZenWiFi AX XT8 V2 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.22068
Version 3.0.0.4.388.22068 48.1 MB
This version of firmware is only applicable to ZenWIFI XT8 of V2 version hardware, please check the product label before utilizing. You can check the hardware version from the product SN label or box label.

1. Improved system stability.
2. Fixed the IPsec VPN compatibility issue with Win10.
3. Fixed the VPN fusion user interface issues under the HTTPS connection.
4. Fixed Client DOM Stored XSS vulnerability.
5. Improved Wireguard performance.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: a88a29cc7b298d6c8ee1219ef6689108

Last edited:
It seems mighty odd to me that ASUS is putting out releases that only apply to the v1 XT8 hardware. I mean, as an owner of said hardware, I'm happy they're supporting it ... but shouldn't v2 owners feel a bit disrespected? Anybody have a clue what is going on here?

It seems mighty odd to me that ASUS is putting out releases that only apply to the v1 XT8 hardware. I mean, as an owner of said hardware, I'm happy they're supporting it ... but shouldn't v2 owners feel a bit disrespected? Anybody have a clue what is going on here?
What I would like to know. Is what the difference is between the hardware versions. The firmware updates could be good or bad. Are they updating v1’s because something is wrong with them? Or because they somehow are a better version? I contacted support once about it. They couldn’t tell me what the difference was. Mine are also V1’s and makes me wonder.

I still dont see this listed on the website. But I was prompted to install via the App and so far (24 Hours) it seems to be working well.

7 hours uptime with hardware version 1, no issues so far.. we'll see.. but my scenario isn't very complex

V1 here. I had upgraded to this 22068 since it was released. and for the first time since I own this set of 2 XT8's, the node started dropping off line. so, downgraded back to 21617. I did reset the node a couple of times. but it kept getting the blinking blue light.
My setup is mostly defaults, wireless backhaul. I never reset routers. that's my very last resort when nothing else works. and always upgrade either from the iOS app or the webpage. Other than issues with Time Machine, never had any issues, since I bought the set back in 2021. from all the updates I've done, 2167 has been the best one with Time Machine.. so, I'll be keeping it for a while.

Last edited:
V1 here. I had upgraded to this 22068 since it was released. and for the first time since I own this set of 2 XT8's, the node started dropping off line. so, downgraded back to 2167. I did reset the node a couple of times. but it kept getting the blinking blue light.
My setup is mostly defaults, wireless backhaul. I never reset routers. that's my very last resort when nothing else works. and always upgrade either from the iOS app or the webpage. Other than issues with Time Machine, never had any issues, since I bought the set back in 2021. from all the updates I've done, 2167 has been the best one with Time Machine.. so, I'll be keeping it for a while.
I'll second the above. Since upgrading to 22068, the 2 nodes on my vanilla XT8 network have suffered poor connection quality or intermittently dropped off line altogether for no apparent reason. At first, I blamed my ISP, Spectrum, for being unable to deal with the unseasonably cold weather we've been experiencing, but now it looks like the new firmware itself is the culprit. I'll give it a couple of more days and if there are no improvements, I'll downgrade.

V1 here. I had upgraded to this 22068 since it was released. and for the first time since I own this set of 2 XT8's, the node started dropping off line. so, downgraded back to 2167. I did reset the node a couple of times. but it kept getting the blinking blue light.
Do you mean 3.0.0.4.388.21617? I had a lot of trouble with that as an automatic update, and I successfully downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.21099, which has been working fine for me so far. I am wondering if the problems I experienced with 21617 have been fixed in 22068.

Do you mean 3.0.0.4.388.21617? I had a lot of trouble with that as an automatic update, and I successfully downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.21099, which has been working fine for me so far. I am wondering if the problems I experienced with 21617 have been fixed in 22068.
Yeah, 21617. Corrected it. It’s been working really good for me. 22068 keeps dropping the node. My OCD kept bugging me around 3am. So I reset it the whole thing and started from scratch. same thing. it keeps dropping the node.

I'm still on 42095 firmware as all other versions kept dropping the node. I'm using wired backhaul but I'm tempted to upgrade to the latest firmware as I know there have been some security updates along the way too. Curious, for those that do the upgrade, are you using all default settings or are there "optimal" settings to use? Any good summary of which settings should be adjusted and how best to reset the router after the firmware update?

V1 here. I had upgraded to this 22068 since it was released. and for the first time since I own this set of 2 XT8's, the node started dropping off line. so, downgraded back to 21617. I did reset the node a couple of times. but it kept getting the blinking blue light.
I have V1 and on 22068 firmware and this was happening to me as well. The node was blinking blue every couple hours and went offline many times. I spent alot of time playing around, reseting and what I found to work for me was to force the backhaul connection priority to 5ghz-2 wifi first (i am using wireless backhaul). Seems to be an issue with the auto, at least for me. This worked for me. My 5ghz is also set to 40 mhz (lots of neighbours using up channels with 80Mhz so I can only use 40 to get my own space).

I have V1 and on 22068 firmware and this was happening to me as well. The node was blinking blue every couple hours and went offline many times. I spent alot of time playing around, reseting and what I found to work for me was to force the backhaul connection priority to 5ghz-2 wifi first (i am using wireless backhaul). Seems to be an issue with the auto, at least for me. This worked for me. My 5ghz is also set to 40 mhz (lots of neighbours using up channels with 80Mhz so I can only use 40 to get my own space).
I did try the priority change and it does stay connected longer. But it always ends up in the blue blinking lights. The last time it stayed connected around 6 hours and reconnected. But I don’t have the time to play with this on a daily basis. So I rolled it back to 21617.

I end up downgrade after noticed issue with 2.4gz causing all my IoT (86 devices) lagging and some of them failing to connect. there's a lot improvements but none to justify of the dependable needs of the 2.4 Wi-Fi.

So what is the latest stable firmware version that works well in Ap mode?
42095 has been stable for me in AP mode ... but it doesn't work on V2 hardware, so check the machine's label before installing. (And yes, that answer is appalling on multiple levels.)

Just to balance this - 22068 has been the fastest and the most reliable on my XT8s. So not all that bad...

To be fair in my set up (AP mode with wireless backhaul with 2 quite far apart nodes, -75dB) I have never experienced a drop off a node, not with XT8, not with 2 different previous AiMesh set ups (with completely different hardware). Yes, I had different client connetivity issues with some devices both on 2.4 and 5-1 with some firmwares, but never on 5-2 (no matter what settings I chose on it). The only problem I used to experience before was 160-to-80Mhz downgrade on EU devices, but since I'm running on US version its rock solid on 160 (different channels).

So this makes me think - there is something environmental in play here...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!