What's new

ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xaviercharles

Regular Contributor
I've recently got a pair of ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) from my ISP ViewQwest. My apartment isn't that big so having mesh wifi isn't really required. I've setup up the both XT8's one connected to the ViewQwest ONT modem and the other wirelessly linked via backhaul to the main basestation. For the second XT8 i just want to use the lan ports for the devices in my living room i.e. Smart TV, XBOX One and Apple TV and not use the mesh wifi...is that possible?

I don’t see any settings to turn off WiFi at the node in my XT8 settings. May not be possible without a workaround of some sort.

I've recently got a pair of ASUS ZenWiFi AX (XT8) from my ISP ViewQwest. My apartment isn't that big so having mesh wifi isn't really required. I've setup up the both XT8's one connected to the ViewQwest ONT modem and the other wirelessly linked via backhaul to the main basestation. For the second XT8 i just want to use the lan ports for the devices in my living room i.e. Smart TV, XBOX One and Apple TV and not use the mesh wifi...is that possible?
I'm not sure how to do that either. Maybe there's a telnet command for doing that? Whenever you're using the wireless or not, you can use the lan ports of the extension node.

Seems you could have accomplished the desired result with a MoCa network integrated into your cable coax. Have you looked at that possibly? MoCa would be cheaper and likely offers faster speeds with Ethernet over coax than a wireless backhaul in mesh.

Edit: Seems your ISP offered the XT8? Extra monthly fee? The MoCa could also work as a wired backhaul for the XT8.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited: