What's new

Release Asus ZenWiFi CT8 - New Firmware: 3.0.0.4.386.45934

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Realize after using this latest firmware for quite awhile, the 5Ghz-2 when connected via Tri-Band Wireless mode has slower speed around <100Mbps compare to 5Ghz-1 which get around >350Mbps.

Inside wireless professional tab, i disable the radio for 5Ghz-2 if not devices connected but speed is just too slow. I think its one of the bug, so I hope there will be another firmware update which I highly doubt so, as Asus seem already give up on the WiFi 5 CT8 platform and focus on WiFi 6 XD4, XD6 and XT8 series

Yes, Asus has moved on from the AC routers as has every other manufacturer. The latest firmware for the CT8 is junk. I went back to 3.0.0.4.386.23003 and my wifi is back to my expectations.

Yes, Asus has moved on from the AC routers. The latest firmware for the CT8 is junk. I went back to 3.0.0.4.386.23003 and my wifi is back to my expectations.
I have gave up, just went to purchase Linksys Velop Wifi 6 MX5300 single node mesh router as an upgrade from this Asus CT8 mesh.

If need additional Linksys node, next time then upgrade.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!