What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So that's it then? Out of the blue, no more beta versions being released by Asus? Or was this never done by Asus in the first place?
The best proof that it was done by asus is that files that were available here before they were posted on asus download page had the same sums.

So that's it then? Out of the blue, no more beta versions being released by Asus? Or was this never done by Asus in the first place?

Yep, it's all over and was just a hoax.

OE

The best proof that it was done by asus is that files that were available here before they were posted on asus download page had the same sums.
It proves that the beta firmware was coming from Asus, I had no doubts about that. It does not prove that it was actually Asus uploading the firmwares.

Well let's hope that the XT8 and my RT AX55 will get some Merlin love now Merlin has made the transfer to 386 :D

It proves that the beta firmware was coming from Asus, I had no doubts about that. It does not prove that it was actually Asus uploading the firmwares.

Well let's hope that the XT8 and my RT AX55 will get some Merlin love now Merlin has made the transfer to 386 :D
I mean that is a conspiracy theory but who knows. We will never be 100% sure unless we make it ourselfs thats how it is. Game of trust.

RT-AX55 of course will not get Merlin as it does not have USB port.

For XT8, it does not have large user base. I also will wait for it but do not give too much hope as it is not easy for Merlin to give support.

Well that didn't last long. The node disappeared from the mesh and had to reset the node. So re-configured from scratch.

I hope not, because the ASUS website still shows that my GT-AX11000 firmware is still in the February beta. My Zenwifi XT8s show a release firmware that came out last week.

My second hand (2015) AC68U in mesh node keeps dropping signal. I have factory reset it from the GUI is there any way to clean it up to factory or is this a common problem with 2015 models?

My second hand (2015) AC68U in mesh node keeps dropping signal. I have factory reset it from the GUI is there any way to clean it up to factory or is this a common problem with 2015 models?

This is a beta test thread. :rolleyes:

If your hardware is failing, replace it.

OE

I hope not, because the ASUS website still shows that my GT-AX11000 firmware is still in the February beta. My Zenwifi XT8s show a release firmware that came out last week.

There has been Nothing from Asus on this thread for just about 2 months. I would say this beta thread has run it's course. Tim should lock it down. If Asus decides to come back they can start a new thread.

There has been Nothing from Asus on this thread for just about 2 months. I would say this beta thread has run it's course. Tim should lock it down. If Asus decides to come back they can start a new thread.

You could apply that logic to every thread here. The forum is set to close threads automatically... why make unnecessary work.

OE

You could apply that logic to every thread here. The forum is set to close threads automatically... why make unnecessary work.

OE
Well because Asus has chosen the approach to just STOP any and all beta support with no notice. Why have customers using this beta asking questions just to hear crickets. Very poor on there part. They could at least post an official statement so people know were the progress of this beta thread stands.

Well because Asus has chosen the approach to just STOP any and all beta support with no notice. Why have customers using this beta asking questions just to hear crickets. Very poor on there part. They could at least post an official statement so people know were the progress of this beta thread stands.

Now you're just making up stuff. Leave 'em alone... their busy working. :)

OE

This is a beta test thread. :rolleyes:

If your hardware is failing, replace it.

OE
I am running the beta firmware which seems to run for 6 days then wifi disappears on the node. Trying to determine if hardware or firmware. Most unhelpful reply.

I am running the beta firmware which seems to run for 6 days then wifi disappears on the node. Trying to determine if hardware or firmware. Most unhelpful reply.

You have two AC68Us. The one you bought second hand is losing its radio signals despite all attempts. Sounds like failing hardware to me.

If the hardware is suspect, its probably not a good idea to be testing beta firmware. Install a past non-beta firmware release, set it up by itself, and see how long it runs before the radios drop again.

Then replace it.

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!