What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC2 public beta with full functions AiMesh 2.0 (continued)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tough to say...so far seems as stable as the official 386 release and internal/external network speeds are more or less the same. All of my settings from the official 386 release carried over into the newest beta just fine. Although I'm guessing here, I think the UI hang-up is caused by my somewhat lengthy manual DHCP assignment list. That's the only factor I saw trigger the issue back in the RC2-10 beta firmware.

Then what are the advantages from the released firmware? Security fixes?

CC

Update on 2021/1/29

This version changed the DNSmasq version to 2.84 to fix CVE-2020-25681, CVE-2020-25682, CVE-2020-25683, CVE-2020-25687, CVE-2020-25684, CVE-2020-25685, CVE-2020-25686 aka DNSpooq

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TW9JXxWpM-qmgGv2BixibkACVki-9g1Q?usp=sharing
The share link includes the following models

ZenWiFi XT8, XD4, CT8, CD6
GT series: GT-AX11000, GT-AC5300, GT-AC2900
RT series: RT-AX88U, RT-AX92U, RT-AX86U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX58U, TUF-AX3000, RT-AX56U, RT-AX55
RT series: RT-AC5300, RT-AC88U, RT-AC3100, RT-AC86U, RT-AC68U
CC - see post from @ASUS_2020 for version changes from the official 386 release. The other option would be to wait for the official version to surface with the DNSmasq security fixes.

aublumberg,

You can download "Asus Firmware Restoration" from AppStore, it is quite old, but, still working (I am on macOS Catalina). Hope the thread below is useful for you:

Thank you JK, that worked like a charm! Much appreciated. Greetings from Hong Kong to Singapore.

This beta has new icons for devices if you want to assign them manually. The icons look like blurry mess on 4K displays though. :p

Internet speed now close to 2.5 Gbps.

ASUS: I have 10 Gbps asymmetrical Internet. The upload speed should be closer to 2.5 Gbps. The download/upload speeds get better with each firmware release but the upload speed is not there yet.

Screenshot 2021-01-30 100214.png

Last edited:
This beta has new icons for devices if you want to assign them manually. The icons look like blurry mess on 4K displays though. :p
this icons are cool, has categories like smart home etc. but still missing switch icon. :cool:

After one day temp is stil ok :)
Code:
VANT@RT-AC86U-BE80:/tmp/home/root# cat /sys/class/thermal/thermal_zone0/temp | awk {'print $1 / 1000}'

Speed test work ok
fb.png

Last edited:
GT-AC5300 as main router, RT-AC5300 as node.
If firmware of RT-AC5300 is flashed to 386 (older or the latest), the wireless connection to iPhone is frequently cut off without internet connection and iphone will not show disconnection or weakened signal. However, if RT-AC5300 is using current stable 384 firmware, no such thing will be detected.

RT-AC5300 has been included in RC2 builds for a while is there any news on when will it be officially released or what is delaying it?

GT-AC5300 as main router, RT-AC5300 as node.
If firmware of RT-AC5300 is flashed to 386 (older or the latest), the wireless connection to iPhone is frequently cut off without internet connection and iphone will not show disconnection or weakened signal. However, if RT-AC5300 is using current stable 384 firmware, no such thing will be detected.
+1. Same issue here on RT-AC5300 node. 2-3 users reported similar/same issues since beta 10.

BTW, I lowered Roaming Assistant from 70 to 60, the occurrence of the issue is less now.

Does AiMesh has any dependencies on roaming assistant?

Lowering Roaming Assistant value doesn't help.

Decided to keep the node on 384 official release firmware.

Last edited:
RT-AC5300 has been included in RC2 builds for a while is there any news on when will it be officially released or what is delaying it?
In my opinion, it is not stable enough yet. Two major issues should be fixed before releasing the official release for RT-AC5300.
1. Guest-1 2.4GHz disconnects Internet connection,
2. Devices lost network access and stuck on RT-AC5300 node.

These two issues were reported previously.

any feedback from GtAX11000 users, becouse the latest beta is not working on this router...

best regards

Other than the web UI freezing after a GT-AC5300 main router reset, I haven't had any issues on 386_41994. My main router (GT-AC5300) and all AiMesh nodes (one RT-AC86U and four RT-AC68U's) are all running 386_41994 at this point. I think that's the first time I've had all mesh nodes and the main router running off the exact same firmware version. No client disconnects, get full WAN speed (in my case , 500Mbps down, 20mbps up), and full internal network speed. Haven't experienced any random client disconnects on any of the wireless bands, including guest networks. At the very least, 386_41994 seems stable from a connectivity standpoint.

RT-AX92U So far so good after a long time.
9.0.0.4_386_41994 seems the best firmware so far.
I had to use Asus Firmware Restoration tool to install it.

Last edited:
You could always be a pioneer and try it for yourself and let other forum participants know your results.

Or send it to me and I'll give it a go. :)

OE

You could always be a pioneer and try it for yourself and let other forum participants know your results.

thanks for your contribution...

i have used previous beta like i said and it tanked the router, just asking for feedback

but none the less you are right i will share as usual my inputs after i test it

best regards

@MDK have you read this whole thread? The feedback, if any, is already there. ;)

@MDK have you read this whole thread? The feedback, if any, is already there. ;)

hello my friend

I have, and the other also, but iam talking about this latest build (page 11)

cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!