What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-1 public beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to set up Cloudflare Warp on the router so it connects but after routing traffic over the tunnel it says I have no internet on the routed device.

So the xt8 just released new official firmware yesterday. I'm just wondering if that new official firmware contains any of these beta features.
official: 386_45898
and beta is: 386_55919

Seem like Asus don’t give an equal share of love for CT8 despite quite similar to its bigger brother XT8. Where is the WPA3 feature update? It’s was on the website initially during launch and was remove.

Smart connect cannot even do Tri-Smart connect for 2.4, 5Ghz-1 and 5Ghz-2 despite my backhaul is via Ethernet LAN cable yet still only allow Dual-Smart connect and standalone 5Ghz-2 SSID, so currently have 2 wireless SSID.

CT8 ram usage is so high always at 90% with the AiProtection turn on, the last stable official firmware release was like so many months ago. No love for CT8

Last edited:
This beta is a wash. Not one single reply from Asus nothing released and no comments from them. I dont see the point of release a beta and then offer zero support or even answer basic questions. Very poorly run program they got going here to say the least.

This beta is a wash. Not one single reply from Asus nothing released and no comments from them. I dont see the point of release a beta and then offer zero support or even answer basic questions. Very poorly run program they got going here to say the least.

First time Asus is taking their sweet time to release betas. Almost 1.5 months gone without any new beta.

Asus released RC3 as not beta for AX models (3.0.0.4.386_45898).

build number is similar so ?

my mistake

Dear ASUS!

Thanks for your hard work. I am happy for your long support AC68 router.
Missing "Preset servers" menu when i use firefox.

RC3.jpg

The new RC3 fw is stable, I didn't experience any problems.
Can VPN Encryption cipher AES-128-GCM/AES-256-GCM be included in the future?

Balázs

What about the AC88U? You got the 86 and 68.....

I'm not sure if I have understood ok. With this new firm, will I be able to have a device out of the vpn to use port forwarding for it? Mi VOIP ATA need 2 open ports, and most VPN services prevent using port forwarding. I know that Merlin has this feature, but I can't use it (XT8).

Mmm, all nice but when will there be an update for the GT-AC5300?
Last firmware is already from may 386.42643 and has it's issues, so i'm using a beta 386_43576 for now.

Mmm, all nice but when will there be an update for the GT-AC5300?
Last firmware is already from may 386.42643 and has it's issues, so i'm using a beta 386_43576 for now.
Mine is working very well with 386.42643. I still have a weekly reload scheduled and that may be the reason I have no problems.
But I'm also wondering if this is not a "dead" product. 5 months without any update can mean only 2 things:
- it's perfect and there are no other improvements possible ;)
- it's dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!