What's new

Beta ASUSWRT 386 RC3-2 public beta

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASUSWRT_2020

Regular Contributor
Hi All,
In the past few weeks, we focused improved the security and postponed the 386 RC3-2 a little. Here are the major new features.
(1) Instant Guard can now invite your family members or friends.
The previous version is for administrator only. In this new version, we modified the server, firmware, and app to let you share the router's VPN connection easily. To try this feature, please upgrade both the firmware to 386 rc3-2 and the Instant Guard app.
Android ipk link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lPARbpUu5YaZrW4VdVuJskb9DK8_VcXI?usp=sharing
iOS: Please pm me you apple ID email and I will add you to the TestFlight beta tester list.
MicrosoftTeams-image (8).png

MicrosoftTeams-image (9).png

(2) Support reward time in parental control. You can increase extra time for children in the network blocking period.

MicrosoftTeams-image (10).png

We removed the DNS filter in 386 RC3-2 because of the concern about the trademark. We are developing the similar feature with different name and UI instead of DNS filter.

The 386 RC3-2 firmware link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wvFKrOprbgDcrTk6yh84OOm8uZHsPgIZ?usp=sharing

386 RC3-2 support models.

GT-AX11000
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AX82U
RT-AX58U
RT-AX56U
RT-AX55
TUF-AX5400
TUF-AX3000
ZenWiFi ET8
ZenWiFi XT8
ZenWiFi XD6
-----------------------------
10/27 update
Add RT-AX86U and RT-AX68U in the same share link.

-----------------------------
11/4 update
Add ZenWiFi XD4 in the same share link.

Last edited:
Hello,

On my Asus XT-8 client, I still have the message connection failed, IP/Routing client.

1634877375448.png

On my Asus OpenVPN server, it shows connected:

1634877468179.png

Why does the Asus XT-8 client show connection failed?

Thank you.

Just updated both my xt8 nodes through the Android app. So far so good

Hi All,
In the past few weeks, we focused improved the security and postponed the 386 RC3-2 a little. Here are the major new features.
(1) Instant Guard can now invite your family members or friends.
The previous version is for administrator only. In this new version, we modified the server, firmware, and app to let you share the router's VPN connection easily. To try this feature, please upgrade both the firmware to 386 rc3-2 and the Instant Guard app.
Android ipk link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lPARbpUu5YaZrW4VdVuJskb9DK8_VcXI?usp=sharing
iOS: Please pm me you apple ID email and I will add you to the TestFlight beta tester list.
View attachment 36932
View attachment 36933

(2) Support reward time in parental control. You can increase extra time for children in the network blocking period.

View attachment 36934

We removed the DNS filter in 386 RC3-2 because of the concern about the trademark. We are developing the similar feature with different name and UI instead of DNS filter.

The 386 RC3-2 firmware link
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1wvFKrOprbgDcrTk6yh84OOm8uZHsPgIZ?usp=sharing

386 RC3-2 support models.

GT-AX11000
RT-AX92U
RT-AX88U
RT-AX82U
RT-AX58U
RT-AX56U
RT-AX55
TUF-AX5400
TUF-AX3000
ZenWiFi ET8
ZenWiFi XT8
ZenWiFi XD6
No RT-AX86U?

The ZenWifi Mini XD4 seems to be forgotten. Nothing since May.

I setup Cloudflare Warp (it shows connected) but it doesn't allow any traffic. Below is my config (keys redacted) so I am curious if this is a configuration error or is it on ASUS side ?
WARP1.PNG

WARP2.PNG

Just updated both my xt8 nodes through the Android app. So far so good
so it turns out my 2nd node didn't update correctly and required a manual update.
I also found the speed test in the android app wasn't working correctly (inflated my speeds by 4x)

Speedtest isn't working too well.
My configured VPN connections don't seem to be working right either, but I will need to dig in a bit.

However, it looks like speeds have bumped up a bit for me so thats a plus

Speedtest isn't working too well.
My configured VPN connections don't seem to be working right either, but I will need to dig in a bit.

However, it looks like speeds have bumped up a bit for me so thats a plus
Looks like vpn isn't working right (after a reboot). Even though I configured it for a few devices, all my traffic is going through the vpn. I might try reconfiguring the vpn to see if that helps. Speedtest still broken

Last edited:
Uploaded over 42095 a couple of hours ago, so far so good except vpn thingy as reported above. Radio status is healthy, backhaul keeps as high as 3.1GHz, no obvious lags, no Internet glitches...I will keep running this firmware for the time being, until further build is available.

Uploaded over 42095 a couple of hours ago, so far so good except vpn thingy as reported above. Radio status is healthy, backhaul keeps as high as 3.1GHz, no obvious lags, no Internet glitches...I will keep running this firmware for the time being, until further build is available.
How do I check radio status?

I'm beginning to think maybe my recently bought AX86U wasn't as future proof as I thought.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!